RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if we can lower the minimum speed on trail control? From 1 MPH to .5 MPH?

I’ll ask the tuner as well. Not sure if it’s possible.
I believe 0.5 is only available in low range. Low range is 0.5 - 10 MPH in 0.5 MPH increments. High Range is 1-20 in 1 MPH increments. I would be surprised if you could change that.
Sponsored

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I believe 0.5 is only available in low range. Low range is 0.5 - 10 MPH in 0.5 MPH increments. High Range is 1-20 in 1 MPH increments. I would be surprised if you could change that.
The increments in low are .5 but it starts at 1.0 MPH and will not go lower than that. I haven’t tried it in the terrain modes but in 4Lo its 1.0.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to know, I'll have to test 4L.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The increments in low are .5 but it starts at 1.0 MPH and will not go lower than that. I haven’t tried it in the terrain modes but in 4Lo its 1.0.
Are you sure? I swear I saw it start at 0.5 when I was playing around with it a while back. Maybe I was doing terrain mode instead of just 4 lo?

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Are you sure? I swear I saw it start at 0.5 when I was playing around with it a while back. Maybe I was doing terrain mode instead of just 4 lo?
I’ll play with it after work. I tried it this morning in just 4Lo and it would go no lower than 1.0 MPH

RagonkP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I just installed a Start-X remote start kit on my ‘19 STX with keyed ignition. I highly recommend this kit for anyone looking. Very quick and easy install and functions as advertised, unlike other kits out there.

Has anyone figured out the procedure to override the factory “auto” setting for the climate control when using remote start and get the vehicle to retain the “last setting” using Forscan?

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Guessing the minimum speed has to do with the ABS sensor resolution. Sometimes they don't have enough resolution to go lower than a certain speed reliably.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
This came today... Now I just need the truck.
IMG_20190220_182812.jpg
Interested in taking the FORScan plunge for my expected delivery of a 2020 SuperCab, can you recommend any blogs or forums on the subject please?
Visited the Forscan site, unfortunately it did now answer most of my questions, like which adapter to buy.
Thanks !

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Interested in taking the FORScan plunge for my expected delivery of a 2020 SuperCab, can you recommend any blogs or forums on the subject please?
Visited the Forscan site, unfortunately it did now answer most of my questions, like which adapter to buy.
Thanks !
That elmconfig one from Amazon works great for me.

CREACLE OBD2 USB Device ELM327 Compatible Interface with HS-CAN/MS-CAN Switch for Forscan FoCCCus Mazda Ford ELMconfig OBD2 Scanner https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFDXZT6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_OiH3DbQH15J1D

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
search the forum for "ELM" there's been several discussions. My wired adapter was like 8$ on Amazon.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
search the forum for "ELM" there's been several discussions. My wired adapter was like 8$ on Amazon.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks !
The adapter was posted, but I found this youtube video very helpful:

It shows how to interface with FORScan - once you have figured that out, it is simply a matter of deciding what you want to change and finding where (what module) you need to make the change in. The newer versions of FORScan have a simpler method for some changes as well so you don't have to enter hex codes.

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
I just installed a Start-X remote start kit on my ‘19 STX with keyed ignition. I highly recommend this kit for anyone looking. Very quick and easy install and functions as advertised, unlike other kits out there.

Has anyone figured out the procedure to override the factory “auto” setting for the climate control when using remote start and get the vehicle to retain the “last setting” using Forscan?
With Forscan you can make the changes for the climate control w/remote start, I can confirm this works as I also had to make the change in my Ranger.

Enable/Change Factory Remote Start Dash Controls:
IPC 720-02-02 xxxx-XXxx
21 (Disabled)
AA (Enabled - Vehicle Without Heated Seats)
FD (Enabled w/Climate Control)
FE (Enabled w/Climate Control and Heated Steering Wheel)

RagonkP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
With Forscan you can make the changes for the climate control w/remote start, I can confirm this works as I also had to make the change in my Ranger.

Enable/Change Factory Remote Start Dash Controls:
IPC 720-02-02 xxxx-XXxx
21 (Disabled)
AA (Enabled - Vehicle Without Heated Seats)
FD (Enabled w/Climate Control)
FE (Enabled w/Climate Control and Heated Steering Wheel)
Awesome. So, did you change yours to "FD" to get it to retain the "last setting" for the climate control?