FORScan Modifications

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Have a question for the ones who have dug into the systems a bit.

Is it possible to reverse the operation of the fog lights? For instance, normally the fog lights turn off when the high beams are on and then come back on when in low beam.

I want the fog lights to come on when the high beams are on and turn off when the low beams are on. I know the “Bambi mode” allows for fog lights while high beams on are.. but Is it possible to make the truck manage the fogs in reverse operation?

Reason... I have the Baja designs squadron pro’s as my fog lights and I would like the automatic high beam feature to turn on and off these lights when oncoming traffic is detected.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Have a question for the ones who have dug into the systems a bit.

Is it possible to reverse the operation of the fog lights? For instance, normally the fog lights turn off when the high beams are on and then come back on when in low beam.

I want the fog lights to come on when the high beams are on and turn off when the low beams are on. I know the “Bambi mode” allows for fog lights while high beams on are.. but Is it possible to make the truck manage the fogs in reverse operation?

Reason... I have the Baja designs squadron pro’s as my fog lights and I would like the automatic high beam feature to turn on and off these lights when oncoming traffic is detected.

Thanks in advance!
Doubt it, what we're given with Forscan is basically access to change state variables. I "highly doubt" that there's code written to treat the lights in such a manner (so there wouldn't be a state variable to turn said feature on). That said, you could put them on a relay that would basically reverse their operation, but it would require some creative cutting.

Last edited:

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I also don't think you're going to get this done in software but a relay signaled from the high beam output should work just peachy.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Doubt it, what we're given with Forscan is basically access to change state variables. I "highly doubt" that there's code written to treat the lights in such a manner (so there wouldn't be a state variable to turn said feature on). That said, you could put them on a relay that would basically reverse their operation, but it would require some creative cutting.
I also don't think you're going to get this done in software but a relay signaled from the high beam output should work just peachy.

I was afraid of that. I suppose a man can dream.. hah. I appreciate the response!

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it's something that lots of people would want (where bambi mode isn't sufficient), then you could even build a snap in harness with the proper connectors and everything. However
Anybody successful with removing the fake engine noises?
I've still not verified with my own ears that they even exist... So as unobtrusive as they are, I've not even tried to figure it out.

justspeed7

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
If it's something that lots of people would want (where bambi mode isn't sufficient), then you could even build a snap in harness with the proper connectors and everything. However

I've still not verified with my own ears that they even exist... So as unobtrusive as they are, I've not even tried to figure it out.
My main concern is when I swap my subwoofer on other cars with it you get interference and you’ll get feedback through the subwoofer so don’t want to have that issue.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

I agree, I can't say that I have ever heard the fake engine sounds that everyone talks about...

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess we could pull the radio fuses and see if the engine sounds different, maybe they did a really good job disguising them?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Is FORScan necessary to get a Tranmission temperature display?
Is it even possible on a Ranger?
Is it already there in the menu???

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is FORScan necessary to get a Tranmission temperature display?
Is it even possible on a Ranger?
Is it already there in the menu???
I bet the trans temp comes up when it;s too hot, other than that, i have not seen it, even when towing a trailer. My guess is that there is a Forscan setting for it, but we haven't found it yet.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I found today that a Forscan change I made a month ago didn’t go into effect until today after I pulled and put back some fuses. The Forscan to change some of the beeps to come through the internal speaker instead of the audio system. I was pulling some fuses to try to find the one for the head unit. Not sure which one had the impact because I pulled 33,32,28 and 5.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Just a few questions :

Can the Auto Stop function be delayed in the parameters ? It seems to be almost instantaneous, but I would like a 3 to 5 second delay.

Can the turn signal flash be changed from 3 flashes to maybe 5 ?

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I believe the turn signals can be done as I saw it on the F150 spreadsheet that most of these have come from .

I was one of the guys that said the autostop didnt bother me....it was cold then and didnt activate much, now that its trying to warm up its instant as you say and is starting to get on my nerves. The worst is if you pull in the driveway and hesitate for a second before putting in park, it stops then starts again when you go to park:curse:

So I agree a delay would be nice, but I havent seen it yet, just on or disabled.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Just a few questions :

Can the turn signal flash be changed from 3 flashes to maybe 5 ?
That would be nice !!! I have the 3 flashes on my Ram, but 5 would be better :thumbsup:
Sponsored