RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Very odd - I even checked to see if FordPass had an update and there is none.
Sponsored

Mhysa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
But does it have the estimated date and estimated mileage of the next change? I have the oil life percentage, but not those two things - that is the new feature.
Mine does not have that addition yet. I uninstalled and reinstalled app with no change.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone figure out how to remove the weather icon from the home screen????

Annoying as crap
Reply back from support.....

Tod, at this time no settings in the FordPass app allows you to remove the weather,

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I check google and it says I have the latest version, 2.13.1, but no ability to add my own service that I can find. Id like to do this as I just did my first at home oil change. Ideas

Android, btw

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I check google and it says I have the latest version, 2.13.1, but no ability to add my own service that I can find. Id like to do this as I just did my first at home oil change. Ideas

Android, btw
I have 2.13.1 and just checked. Go to Vehicle Details/Service and Support/Service History/Add Record.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Any body doing oil service tests on a 2.3 eng. It would be good to use science to know how often to change oil.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I have 2.13.1 and just checked. Go to Vehicle Details/Service and Support/Service History/Add Record.
Thanks Rob, but this is as far as I can get. Differences between Canadian and US? Who knows.

Obviously the dealer did not put my first oil change on there either

Screenshot_2019-08-17-11-11-25.png

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is kind of odd - but maybe there are differences between the Canadian and US versions - who knows? I've only got one entry - the one when I got that turn signal light housing replaced. When I do my oil change I will make sure and enter it - and keep my receipts.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One thought - did you scroll down on that screen? The Add Service is a button at the bottom of the screen.

Here is a screen shot of mine:
Screenshot_20190817-093628_FordPass.jpg

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Ya, no scrolling, I wonder if maybe my dealer had put the first service in if it would have jump started it and I could see what you see, who knows, maybe I,ll see if I can get them to put something in.

Thanks, Todd

jarcub_XLT

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Technician (Ford)
Don't follow this!!! Service your truck every 5k. The dealers have been rasing hell with Ford to allow you to pick the service intervals you want.
respectively, to each their own, however, if you like not worrying about it, you can follow the oil life reminder equipped in your Ranger. they're equipped with Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor (IOLM) which adjusts your oil life based on your driving conditions/severity of use.

Ford considers "Normal" driving as commuting with highway driving, no/moderate towing, flat to moderate hilly roads, and no extended idle. "Severe" driving is moderate to heavy load/towing, mountainous or off road conditions, extended idling, extended hot or cold operation (I would personally add stop and go driving to that list as well). "Extreme" driving is max towing/load and extreme hot or cold operation

when to expect IOLM messages ("OIL CHANGE REQUIRED"):
Normal - 7,500-10,000 mi (12,000-16,000 km)
Severe - 5,000 - 7,499 mi (8,000-11,999 km)
Extreme - 3,000 - 4,999 mi (4,000-7,999 km)

I'm a technician for Ford, this information comes directly from my online training through Ford.

I'm with you though, every 5k or 6 months (especially considering I live in FL), whichever comes first. If I have a vehicle in and the repair order has an oil change on it, I always put a service sticker on their windshield for reference. I'd rather the customer follow the sticker mileage/date vs the reminder in the vehicle.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
respectively, to each their own, however, if you like not worrying about it, you can follow the oil life reminder equipped in your Ranger. they're equipped with Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor (IOLM) which adjusts your oil life based on your driving conditions/severity of use.

Ford considers "Normal" driving as commuting with highway driving, no/moderate towing, flat to moderate hilly roads, and no extended idle. "Severe" driving is moderate to heavy load/towing, mountainous or off road conditions, extended idling, extended hot or cold operation (I would personally add stop and go driving to that list as well). "Extreme" driving is max towing/load and extreme hot or cold operation

when to expect IOLM messages ("OIL CHANGE REQUIRED"):
Normal - 7,500-10,000 mi (12,000-16,000 km)
Severe - 5,000 - 7,499 mi (8,000-11,999 km)
Extreme - 3,000 - 4,999 mi (4,000-7,999 km)

I'm a technician for Ford, this information comes directly from my online training through Ford.

I'm with you though, every 5k or 6 months (especially considering I live in FL), whichever comes first. If I have a vehicle in and the repair order has an oil change on it, I always put a service sticker on their windshield for reference. I'd rather the customer follow the sticker mileage/date vs the reminder in the vehicle.
Smart move, every 5k. We get vehicles in that are 2-3 qts low at 10k. It does nothing but ruin Turbos. It does however make dealers money in the long run, but very unfortunate for the consumer. It also tells you to check your oil at each fill up, who in the hell does that, not a soccer mom, she just runs it out of oil.

jarcub_XLT

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Technician (Ford)
Any body doing oil service tests on a 2.3 eng. It would be good to use science to know how often to change oil.
Depends on your driving conditions really. My dealership's Quick Lane advises every 7500 miles
Smart move, every 5k. We get vehicles in that are 2-3 qts low at 10k. It does nothing but ruin Turbos. It does however make dealers money in the long run, but very unfortunate for the consumer. It also tells you to check your oil at each fill up, who in the hell does that, not a soccer mom, she just runs it out of oil.
I can't imagine letting my vehicle go 10k miles between services, screw that. Being unfortunate for the consumer is debatable. Service your vehicle when your manufacture recommends it and your car will be fine in most cases. You're definitely right though, no way in hell anyone is checking their oil every fill up.

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Don't follow this!!! Service your truck every 5k. The dealers have been rasing hell with Ford to allow you to pick the service intervals you want.
Yeah, because money

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Yeah, because money
We have a '19 Nissan. The first maintenance minder alerted at 8500 miles. The dealer said it should be 5k and he tried to reset it. I called BS. I asked why I would have to change the synthetic oil every 5k miles if Nissan factory had it set higher. He didn't have an answer because he was programmed. I'll deal with the tire rotation myself.
Sponsored