FordPass not working

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I understand.
But in this age of the Internet, where everything's connected within seconds of you doing anything online, we all have come to expect things to happen right now, and it be reasonably accurate!
FORD really needs to PERFECT their online offerings, and have them work as advertised, if they're interested in satisfied customers!
Just my opinion, of course.

I agree 100 percent. I just meant do not mess with it right away it might show back up.
It was one of the main reason I bought the truck.
I was reading how great Ford pass was and sync 3.. Matter of fact I upgrade my truck package just to have sync 3.
What a joke.
Sponsored

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just deleted fordpass from my iphone. Everytime I tried to use it,a very long 'new agreement' pops up and when I finally got tired of trying to read the fine print,(and it's all fine print) I just said to hell with it and I agree. 20 minutes later the blue circle is still spinning. I turned the phone off,waited a few minutes then turned it back on and went to fordpass again.And once again that ponderous update bullshit came up,and there is no way to refuse the damn thing.You either agree,or you can't use the remote start etc,so since ford rendered it useless,I deleted it altogether. Too bad for me as I liked it the way it was.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I logged out of my ford pass at 4 pm the 11th of April and now it will not let
me login nor change my password and at 1020 pm it still will not let me do anything, I called a guide earlier and He didn't know how either He did send me a place to reset my owners site but that didn't work either, He did say that there were things for the app that were not working.
I logged out because there were somethings not working right. Oh , well my Ranger still runs ford pass just doesn't work. Also they are closed for the holiday now or so that is the message on the answer machine.
This is an edit of the above post: Ford pass started working again and recognizing my password at 6pm the 12th. I tried the new password I made and that was a no, no so I reverted back to the old password and lol it worked. So Ford pass was down a little over 24 hours and was unable to do what it is cracked up to do, technology can be a pain and for sure when one is old and not a tech buff but one who learns ojt.
App is still working the 13th, huh.
1024191317.jpg

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I logged out of my ford pass at 4 pm the 11th of April and now it will not let
me login nor change my password and at 1020 pm it still will not let me do anything, I called a guide earlier and He didn't know how either He did send me a place to reset my owners site but that didn't work either, He did say that there were things for the app that were not working.
I logged out because there were somethings not working right. Oh , well my Ranger still runs ford pass just doesn't work. Also they are closed for the holiday now or so that is the message on the answer machine says.
Maybe uninstall and then install FordPass again?

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Oddly the first two oil changes I did myself the FordPass app reset the oil life on its own within about a day. Well at 11,500 I just changed it a week ago and it is not resetting its self. I went into the .pdf owners manual and there is a cryptic manual process for doing this via the steering wheel controls/menu NOT on the sync unit. Took about a minute and by the time I got to work today it was reset to 100% oil life.
When I get time I will edit the manual with the correct procedure, but all you hi-speed low-drag types can figure it out I'm sure!

Racerdave6

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX. 2017 Escape SE
Occupation
Mechanic
Tried to use my Fordpass yesterday to remote start the truck. Getting a 'Please enable in-vehicle Connectivity settings to access this feature'. Tried following app instructions to turn on connectivity, menu options didn't match instructions. Tried using the 'guide' chat. Way to slow, had me uninstall and reinstall app. Didn't work so had to start new chat. Sent me a procedure that started with 'turn off connectivity'. Jeez, if I knew where to find that we wouldn't be having this conversation. After 45 minutes I said screw it and called a 'guide'. She ran me through a bunch of menus and checks, still nowhere to turn on connectivity. Can't find Fordpass app anywhere in the mobile apps on the truck. Finally she says I need to take in and have modem reprogrammed, i.e. I don't know what to do next. 1 month old and less than 500 miles....

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
This app is total garbage. The past few days when I try to remote start with the app the thing just spins around in a circle then gives me an error saying it failed to start. Sometimes it actually did start, sometimes it didn't so its a total guessing game. As a long time remote starter installer who lives in a disgustingly cold part of the country, I can't rely on the Ford app for remote start. Unfortunately I might have to resort back to the Drone Mobile which works great, and is EXTREMELY fast. I should make a video comparing the two.

Anyone else having issues with the Ford Pass remote start from the app lately?
IMG_0468.png

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
This app is total garbage. The past few days when I try to remote start with the app the thing just spins around in a circle then gives me an error saying it failed to start. Sometimes it actually did start, sometimes it didn't so its a total guessing game. As a long time remote starter installer who lives in a disgustingly cold part of the country, I can't rely on the Ford app for remote start. Unfortunately I might have to resort back to the Drone Mobile which works great, and is EXTREMELY fast. I should make a video comparing the two.

Anyone else having issues with the Ford Pass remote start from the app lately?
IMG_0468.png
Been having the same issue. I wanted to make sure it would start before it got too cold with the app. I got a new phone too.

Would not start the first just sat and spinned. Decided to wait a day and the next day got the same error you are getting but it started sometimes but still gave me the error. Just like you.

Are Hyundai better app and never a issue. My Colorado better app and never a issue.

Ford needs to get this right.
Sponsored