Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
When I updated my iphone to the latest version, my ford pass app started working again.
yes but when you go into synch and check vehicle settings and the modem serial number wont show up the modem is dead. Saw it first hand.
Sponsored

BK553

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
I took it to the dealer today, they said it would be 8 hours before they could even look at it, and that the courtesy car wasn't available, and that they do not offer rentals and they won't reimburse me for my own rental. On top of that, if it is the modem it will take at least a week to get a new one delivered. I said thanks, no thanks, and walked out. So, no more Ford Connect for me. it lasted a whole 4 months.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
If the fuse for the modem is removed for 5 min and then installed, that may bring you ESN number back and correct problem. There was a new Ford message out yesterday about this, and a new modem update won't be out until 2021.

BK553

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
If the fuse for the modem is removed for 5 min and then installed, that may bring you ESN number back and correct problem. There was a new Ford message out yesterday about this, and a new modem update won't be out until 2021.
I'll give it a shot and report back, I did disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes with no luck, but maybe that will cause the modem to re-initialize differently.

Do you think it's the fuse labeled 'telematics'? Fuse 9 in the passenger box?

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I'll give it a shot and report back, I did disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes with no luck, but maybe that will cause the modem to re-initialize differently.

Do you think it's the fuse labeled 'telematics'? Fuse 9 in the passenger box?
F9 10A in passenger compartment on driver side is correct. A battery disconnect should of done same thing to try and bring ESN number back. Another new message from Ford today about Dealer having to try and reset TCU with scan tool if other things don't work. This is after a message the other day about software update next year. Looks like alot of Ford Pass issues going on now with many different fixes.

BK553

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
F9 10A in passenger compartment on driver side is correct. A battery disconnect should of done same thing to try and bring ESN number back. Another new message from Ford today about Dealer having to try and reset TCU with scan tool if other things don't work. This is after a message the other day about software update next year. Looks like alot of Ford Pass issues going on now with many different fixes.
So pulled fuse 9, power cycled (Power button+Next Track) Sync a few times, waited 5 minutes, and then put the fuse back in. Power cycled Sync again a few times and nothing. I actually found the module under the passenger footwell and confirmed that it is getting 12V (after replacing the fuse). No luck on any of it ESN is still missing from the modem menu.

I REALLY appreciate your help, my dealer is useless and they don't know anything, so if you hear anything else I would be forever in your debt, I can't find any other information online and I have no other source of information besides what you hear.

Last edited:

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
So pulled fuse 9, power cycled (Power button+Next Track) Sync a few times, waited 5 minutes, and then put the fuse back in. Power cycled Sync again a few times and nothing. I actually found the module under the passenger footwell and confirmed that it is getting 12V (after replacing the fuse). No luck on any of it ESN is still missing from the modem menu.

I REALLY appreciate your help, my dealer is useless and they don't know anything, so if you hear anything else I would be forever in your debt, I can't find any other information online and I have no other source of information besides what you hear.
I’m seeing this info right from Ford. I’m a shop foreman at a ford dealer. Looks like you’ll have to go to a ford dealer and try and get the TCU reset with factory scan tool for now to maybe get it working for now. Some update won’t be out until at least January at this point.

RangerRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 F150 FX4
Hi everyone, I had the same symptoms ... FordPass had not seen my Ranger in months, when I went to the dealer (also to check on taillight Recall/Check) they told me to update the app, and call FordPAss support, and if I still had an issue come on back ... well I pushed back a little since the modem was not showing the ESN and also since the Ford Pass app was able to start and talk to my 2017 Escape.

They connected me to their technology guy in the dealership and he was much better. He performed a reset by pulling the fuse and then also -reloaded software. The ESN appeared again and the app is back to working.

I expected a Modem failure/replacement but wanted to share that in my case they were able to reset/reload mine.

I had tried resetting the Sync via Dash to factory defaults without success.

Have a great weekend!
Sponsored