FordPass and iOS14

Paulw11

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Wildtrak
I gave up on the app not long after I started this thread. I do check the App Store periodically to see if any significant update has been released. Just checked again today, and version 3.14.0 is out there, but reviews still note it as a battery drain.
Disabling the apps in the sync3 settings screen as described by @ToddlerCO above fixed the issue for me. CarPlay works perfectly with no battery drain issues since I did that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Murphie

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I gave up on the app not long after I started this thread. I do check the App Store periodically to see if any significant update has been released. Just checked again today, and version 3.14.0 is out there, but reviews still note it as a battery drain.
I read somewhere that Ford had finally acknowledged the issue with draining the iPhone battery, and collaborated with Apple to correct. So I checked the app store, and noted the current version as 3.17.1. Went ahead and installed, and after a couple of weeks, battery issues seem to be gone. I honestly don't use the app for much, so I can't say if the app is any different.

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
So I checked the app store, and noted the current version as 3.17.1. Went ahead and installed, and after a couple of weeks, battery issues seem to be gone.
Great news. Thanks for the follow up!
Sponsored