FordPass and Connectivity Settings

shirts_184

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
54F4BF09-5BE9-441C-A41B-D5C723E23023.jpeg
Trying to enable my connectivity settings. Keep getting this prompt. My end goal is to re-enable remote start. I’ve already tried the master reset under settings. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Try uninstalling your profile and deleted the app off your phone and try reloading again. If that doesn’t work may need the dealer to take a look. The cell module may be bad

OP
OP
shirts_184

shirts_184

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Do I uninstall the profile from my phone or my truck? If from my truck, how do I do that?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Do I uninstall the profile from my phone or my truck? If from my truck, how do I do that?
Typically your phone is paired with SYNC in the trucks head. Delete the user there. Then reboot or reset the system. Then on your phone do the same thing and afterwards delete the app. Then start the process over. If I remember right you need to be connected (wired) to USB app sync port when doing the new handshake and registration.

If that fails then you possibly have an issue with the cell module in the truck.

Only question I would ask is are you on the current version of sync or updated recently?

Last edited:

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Yes, it's looking for a direct connection to the phone via USB, once it sees it. Sync will authorize connection to Ford Pass

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Trying to enable my connectivity settings. Keep getting this prompt. My end goal is to re-enable remote start. I’ve already tried the master reset under settings. Thoughts?
Maybe your modem is not functioning. Look in settings and see if the modem serial number shows up. If it is blank, you can try removing the associated fuse(s) or disconnecting the battery for a short time to see if it comes back to life. If it stays blank, then you may have a bad modem. Be sure to read the manual about things to be aware of if you disconnect the battery (such as needing to reset the auto up/down on the driver’s window.

Also, it looks like you are running an old version of Sync3. You may want to update to the latest available. Note that the look of the updated Sync3 is a bit different.

OP
OP
shirts_184

shirts_184

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Maybe your modem is not functioning. Look in settings and see if the modem serial number shows up. If it is blank, you can try removing the associated fuse(s) or disconnecting the battery for a short time to see if it comes back to life. If it stays blank, then you may have a bad modem. Be sure to read the manual about things to be aware of if you disconnect the battery (such as needing to reset the auto up/down on the driver’s window.

Also, it looks like you are running an old version of Sync3. You may want to update to the latest available. Note that the look of the updated Sync3 is a bit different.
How do I update Sync?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
How do I update Sync?
Top right hand of your screen here on the forum see the magnifying glass ? click on that and search update sync and use the google search when doing it. More than one way but the fastest and most secure is using a USB stick and downloading the file and then loading it that way. Files are massive so be warned need a large data stick for this!

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
You can go here to see if there is an update available for your Ranger:
https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

Instructions are provided on the site. However, I think you need to figure out what is going on with the system before doing an update.
It very well could be system is trying to update and hung. Going the USB route overrides the installation and starts it over again. Just mix be the fix!

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully not another feature delete ?
Sponsored