First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When I keep seeing and reading articles like these (and the one I posted yesterday) is it really that hard to see where the problem lies?:facepalm:

First they ditched all their cars (except the Mustang) and now they're putting just about all their eggs in one basket with EV's. As most can figure out having up to $10,000 price cuts isn't because these EV's are selling well, it's the opposite. Sadly, Farley is going to take this company into the ground. Of course not before getting himself a huge payout I'm sure.

:stop: STOP trying to be like Tesla (or anyone else) and go back to what made you #1 years ago. Selling QUALITY Ford vehicles at a reasonable price.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/ford-tried-tesla-cost-company-163000376.html

Ford attempted to copy Tesla’s script for selling electric vehicles, according to Bloomberg: ramp up production, leverage economies of scale to lower costs, and make vehicles affordable enough for a mass market.

It’s a plan that has worked out really well for Tesla. The outlet reports that the company’s stock has more than doubled in 2023, even as it has cut the prices of its cars. Ford, on the other hand? Well, things haven’t gone so well. The Blue Oval did something similar, and it wiped out about $3.6 billion in market value in just one day.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Growing pains , just like life ... learn along the way hopefully
Ford's been in business for over 100 years. lol I think they should have it down by now. :wink:

As far as EV's go they need to stop trying to be like Tesla because like him or not Elon is smart and a better businessman. He's the richest person in the world and can afford to take more chances and cut costs. Personally I don't think they (Ford) should've abandoned their car line and that's hurting them. They're putting a lotto eggs into that EV basket and that's not a gamble I'd want to take. Hopefully it pays off.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
or, prices are fluctuating due to market factors such as improved efficiency in manufacturing or supplier price decreases due to increased supply thus driving price of end product down . . .

shrug.

but keep on "eLeCtRiC cArS aRe BaD"

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I don't think it is so much ditching cars/sedans for EVs as it was ditching cars/sedans for SUVs which sell better and have higher profit margins. SUVs is what the majority of buyers want.

Fords biggest egg basket is still the F-series which are overwhelmingly ICE and a cash cow for Ford. And Ford is still investing in ICE with the all new Coyote 5.0 and the all new 2.3 Ecoboost both of which will debut in the 2024 Mustang and will likely make it into other models (hopefully a future Ranger for the new 2.3 Ecoboost).

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
or, prices are fluctuating due to market factors such as improved efficiency in manufacturing or supplier price decreases due to increased supply thus driving price of end product down . . .

shrug.

but keep on "eLeCtRiC cArS aRe BaD"
I see you've already been in CO way to long. :rolleyes:

NO company today is going to all of a sudden lower their prices $10K overnight because they just "supposedly" became more efficient. "Supposedly" inflation is going down yet everything at the grocery store is still going up.

From just 7 days ago:

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...s-are-auto-industrys-new-headache-2023-07-11/

Dealers for established automakers such as General Motors (GM.N), Ford (F.N), Hyundai (005380.KS)and Toyota (7203.T) have more than 90 days' worth of unsold EVs at their stores at current sales rates, according to a report from Cox Automotive.

U.S. dealers have more than 92,000 EVs in stock, more than three times the number on their lots a year ago, according to Cox data. Overall, new vehicle inventories are up 74% from a year ago, Cox said.

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
First they ditched all their cars (except the Mustang) and now they're putting just about all their eggs in one basket with EV's. As most can figure out having up to $10,000 price cuts isn't because these EV's are selling well, it's the opposite.
VW is pretty much the same. Golf (except GTI and R) are no more, Passats, CC's and Arteons (Arteon was a huge failure, replaced the CC which didn't sell well either) and the Beetle, the car the company was founded on, is no more as well. All VW sells now are SUV's. Atlas, Cross Sport, Tiguans and Taos and the ID4, which isn't selling. They'll get some "nostalgia" sales when the ID Buzz come out next year, but I believe once the novelty wears off, they'll end up at Carvana or Carmax.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I see you've already been in CO way to long. :rolleyes:

NO company today is going to all of a sudden lower their prices $10K overnight because they just "supposedly" became more efficient. "Supposedly" inflation is going down yet everything at the grocery store is still going up.

From just 7 days ago:

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...s-are-auto-industrys-new-headache-2023-07-11/
yawn.

nothing in business is based on a single point of data. And you know this.

I proposed a option that there were other alternatives for costs being cut.

Ford would not be cutting the cost of the vehicle if they were going to not make money.

and prices do not decrease immediately due to inflation and other market factors.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
yawn.

nothing in business is based on a single point of data. And you know this.

I proposed a option that there were other alternatives for costs being cut.

Ford would not be cutting the cost of the vehicle if they were going to not make money.

and prices do not decrease immediately due to inflation and other market factors.
I follow the markets very closely and inflation has been steadily decreasing since last fall. Gas is also down from last summers highs all while food is going up.

Of course Ford is making money. But they wouldn't be cutting cost (especially after loosing 3.6 Billion) if their EV's were flying off the lots. They're not and every company is in the same boat now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2023/05/08/ev-sales-2023-slowing/70188358007/

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't think it is so much ditching cars/sedans for EVs as it was ditching cars/sedans for SUVs which sell better and have higher profit margins. SUVs is what the majority of buyers want.

Fords biggest egg basket is still the F-series which are overwhelmingly ICE and a cash cow for Ford. And Ford is still investing in ICE with the all new Coyote 5.0 and the all new 2.3 Ecoboost both of which will debut in the 2024 Mustang and will likely make it into other models (hopefully a future Ranger for the new 2.3 Ecoboost).
I didn't mean to imply they ditched their cars for EV's. I meant that I thought it was a huge mistake ditching their cars in general. But with all the recalls lately who knows what the best choice was because they would've had a lot more recalls if they still produced cars now.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I follow the markets very closely and inflation has been steadily decreasing since last fall. Gas is also down from last summers highs all while food is going up.

Of course Ford is making money. But they wouldn't be cutting cost (especially after loosing 3.6 Billion) if their EV's were flying off the lots. They're not and every company is in the same boat now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2023/05/08/ev-sales-2023-slowing/70188358007/
yes, because they realized they priced the crap to high. . .

no one is going to spend 90k on a vehicle that they can buy an "equivalent" vehicle for 30k.

they cut costs, become more effecient.

food is a whole other thing, that has to do with fuel, crop costs, transportation, labor, shortages, insects, sun, rain, disease. . . .

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
yes, because they realized they priced the crap to high. . .

no one is going to spend 90k on a vehicle that they can buy an "equivalent" vehicle for 30k.

they cut costs, become more effecient.

food is a whole other thing, that has to do with fuel, crop costs, transportation, labor, shortages, insects, sun, rain, disease. . . .
Yawn...Now your making me tired! 😩

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
When I keep seeing and reading articles like these (and the one I posted yesterday) is it really that hard to see where the problem lies?:facepalm:

First they ditched all their cars (except the Mustang) and now they're putting just about all their eggs in one basket with EV's. As most can figure out having up to $10,000 price cuts isn't because these EV's are selling well, it's the opposite. Sadly, Farley is going to take this company into the ground. Of course not before getting himself a huge payout I'm sure.

:stop: STOP trying to be like Tesla (or anyone else) and go back to what made you #1 years ago. Selling QUALITY Ford vehicles at a reasonable price.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/ford-tried-tesla-cost-company-163000376.html
Only one thing left to do...hire Dylan and put a fork in it...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.