Ford ranks among worst in JD Power customer service survey of 2020-2022 vehicles

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Marra Barra's memo reads like "Take it or get fired next month". Gotta love the corporate speak from Bailout Motors:

"Accelerated attrition requires to be proactive regarding workforce planning. Therefore, today, we are announcing a voluntary program that offers the majority of our U.S. team an opportunity to leave GM and transition to what’s next with an attractive compensation and health care package. Taking this step now will help avoid the potential for involuntary actions."
This after they threatened their employees with a forced termination if you refused to take an unapproved untested medication.

They respect their employees that much!

I wanna work for them!
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
This after they threatened their employees with a forced termination if you refused to take an unapproved untested medication.

They respect their employees that much!

I wanna work for them!
If they did that, they'll be sued into oblivion soon...

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Not the kind of news we want to hear. Ford is ranked among the worst, according to the 2023 J.D. Power U.S. Customer Service Index Study. It's the first time in nearly 3 decades they've experienced a dip in satisfaction overall. Ford and Lincoln customers failed to give top ratings in any category, including trucks while while rival General Motors ranked in all top categories with its Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC and Buick brands. The sad part is, Ford ranks last tied with....RAM. :( It looks like all the recalls and warranty work have caught up with them and something needs to change fast.

IDK but it seems like ever since Farley took over a couple years ago things have started going south. Might be time for a changing of the guard. :captain:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-ranks-among-worst-jd-130051799.html

Sad to see any American brand like this.
I got to say I am very skeptical Of getting another Ranger seeing the issues over seas with the New Ranger. I said this in the other thread it is not that there is problems it is that Ford is not doing anything for these people until it makes major news. There are going to be problems but a sign of a great company is how they handle them when there is a problem. Buy new vehicle and have it in the shop for months. Especially since Ford is gouging people and mainly making Raptors.
I mean when a CEO says there is quality issues you have to pause and think..

I have time to wait and decide on my next Truck.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sad to see any American brand like this.
I got to say I am very skeptical Of getting another Ranger seeing the issues over seas with the New Ranger. I said this in the other thread it is not that there is problems it is that Ford is not doing anything for these people until it make major news. There are going to be problems but a sign of a great company is how they handle them when there is a problem. Buy new vehicle and have it in the shop for months. Especially since Ford is gouging people and mainly making Raptors.
I mean when a CEO says there is quality issues you have to pause and think..
100% agree! I still stand by what I've been saying in that Farley needs to take a good look at himself in the mirror. I haven't seen anything getting better since he's taken over, actually it's the opposite. All I know is that with all these articles lately and all this time waiting for the new 6G has made me rethink my plans. I can honestly say I have no idea what I want to do at this point which after waiting 3+ years for a Bronco I never got isn't a good thing.:confused:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Thank you. Def gonna miss the truck & soundd like a big trade down. Satisfied tho wIth the replacement (22 mazda3 Select)as my needs changed and priorities are more about fuel mileage and comfort. Still gonna lurk on the forum here cuz it's a great community of members. BTW no dealer w I thin 100mi radius could beat Carvana offer. The appraiser was cool and hardly looked at truck. I took a big hit on sale price for having mods. He said if I lied on application and said truck was stock that he would have given top price for it. Also mentioned that you can still drive up to 1000mi after receiving initial online quote without affecting sale price.
Hope the Mazda treats you well. For miles and miles. Shame about all the Ranger headaches.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
100% agree! I still stand by what I've been saying in that Farley needs to take a good look at himself in the mirror. I haven't seen anything getting better since he's taken over, actually it's the opposite. All I know is that with all these articles lately and all this time waiting for the new 6G has made me rethink my plans. I can honestly say I have no idea what I want to do at this point which after waiting 3+ years for a Bronco I never got isn't a good thing.:confused:

I mean that is a whole another thing why release a vehicle you can't stock. I mean waiting 6 months is one thing but years. It is ridiculous. I mean if you can not get the parts don't release the vehicle and use the time for more testing until you get enough parts.. It just creates more bad blood.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can honestly say I have no idea what I want to do at this point which after waiting 3+ years for a Bronco I never got isn't a good thing
It is almost like Ford doesn't want to sell you a Bronco! I am beginning to think that corporations are no longer in control of their businesses or destinies. Government regulations and involvement in every detail (including design) is limiting what companies can accomplish. Corporations appeared to have merged with governments. And we all know how efficient governments are!

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Dealer mark ups, long wait times for parts, deleting parts, increased pricing after you have been on a waiting list, recieving vehicle with defects after long wait list. I think all of these are eating away at the brand. Top it off, people are just plain out impatient with things now. All of that said, I love my Ford Ranger.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I mean that is a whole another thing why release a vehicle you can't stock. I mean waiting 6 months is one thing but years. It is ridiculous. I mean if you can not get the parts don't release the vehicle and use the time for more testing until you get enough parts.. It just creates more bad blood.
It is almost like Ford doesn't want to sell you a Bronco! I am beginning to think that corporations are no longer in control of their businesses or destinies. Government regulations and involvement in every detail (including design) is limiting what companies can accomplish. Corporations appeared to have merged with governments. And we all know how efficient governments are!
Changing the rules from building them by your timestamp to building them by allocations only screwed the customer and rewarded large dealerships. No way I'll get in that mess again especially for something like a Bronco. It's not a Maserati. :facepalm:

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealerships appear to be on life support. The supply chain model for dealerships is under extreme stress. Maybe Ford is attempting to keep them operational.

I think volume now is so low that dealerships are marking up the few cars they are getting to keep the lights on. This effort will fail.

I was interested in a Mazda 3 and contacted a dealer about a car on their lot. It was over an hour away, and I simply asked if the car was still available, and if so was it being offered at MSRP. I got a general message back from a salesman that spoke in generalities. I replied that I was interested in the car and repeated my request for a price quote at MSRP. It has been a week with no reply.

I think I will begin refurbishing my 03 Maxima and call it a day.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Dealerships appear to be on life support. The supply chain model for dealerships is under extreme stress. Maybe Ford is attempting to keep them operational.

I think volume now is so low that dealerships are marking up the few cars they are getting to keep the lights on. This effort will fail.

I was interested in a Mazda 3 and contacted a dealer about a car on their lot. It was over an hour away, and I simply asked if the car was still available, and if so was it being offered at MSRP. I got a general message back from a salesman that spoke in generalities. I replied that I was interested in the car and repeated my request for a price quote at MSRP. It has been a week with no reply.

I think I will begin refurbishing my 03 Maxima and call it a day.

Yea The sales department is but the service department by me is packed.

They have very little on the lot. A few F150's, some Escapes, one or two overly priced Rangers, a few Bronco sports. Very few salesman. Ranger prices are 18,000 higher than I paid for mine on the same model. Sales is a ghost town. That is the reason for a good service department it can keep you a float, our service dept. is not so great though.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
This Ranger is my 1st, and maybe my last Ford. That being said my 21 XLT has been good to me so far, just one minor issue the dealer fixed same day. So I am guessing I got a Wednesday truck, not still hung over or anticipating the weekend. My wife's Prius is 8 years old, has not had one single issue, and still gets 55+ MPG, makes me wonder why we can't make a vehicle to those same standards?
Oh, and I will not let my Ranger read this thread, it might decide to go rogue on me.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I have been happy with my 2019 Ranger that only had the HVAC issue, covered under warranty. It has otherwise been a great truck with no other issues. As much as I like the look of the 6G Raptor, I don't think Ford is on solid ground with their business model or build quality. Fortunately I don't need to replace my Ranger that has only 15,012 miles on it. I see a rough time ahead for the auto industry in general between the economy and political climate. My Ranger could easily outlast me and it probably will be my last one.