Will a Lincoln dealership service Ford vehicles?

1911tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru/2020 Ranger
Our closest Ford dealership service department sucks. There are Lincolns that use our same Ranger 2.3L engine. Has anyone had oil change service done at a Lincoln dealership and does that service support the Ranger warrantee?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Our closest Ford dealership service department sucks. There are Lincolns that use our same Ranger 2.3L engine. Has anyone had oil change service done at a Lincoln dealership and does that service support the Ranger warrantee?
Hi Tex,

Should be able to service your Ranger. Call the Lincoln dealer Service dept and see. I have had the other way around where I took my Lincoln to our local Ford dealer....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
It's still in the Ford family. You should be fine.

Now those 3rd party chain service places....I won't touch 'em anymore. I've had far too many problems with those kinds of places. Let me list the problems.

One place put the gearbox fluid in the transmission of my 98 Ranger XLT manual trans truck.
Another place told me my transmission needed to be rebuilt instead of correctly figuring out that the fluid was the wrong stuff. Ford dealer eventually straightened me out, and I made the first shop pay for that.
One quick oil change place failed to install the oil pan drain plug correctly (IKR?) when my wife took her Jeep for an oil change.
One place lost a bolt for a brake caliper on my Honda when doing a state inspection. By the time I figured out what the problem was, the other bolt had almost fallen out, too.

Ever since - dealer service only for me. I pay more for it, but the people working there tend to be better trained, I've noticed. One exception to that rule was when I lived in TX and the nearest Honda dealer was a haul to reach. So I found a good independent shop that specialized in foreign cars. I'll consider supporting an independent shop if they've got a good reputation.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
I always get my 2004 Thunderbird serviced at the Lincoln dealership. But, underneath, it is a Lincoln. The Ranger goes to Ford. No good reason, just what I've always done.

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
It's still in the Ford family. You should be fine.

Now those 3rd party chain service places....I won't touch 'em anymore. I've had far too many problems with those kinds of places. Let me list the problems.

One place put the gearbox fluid in the transmission of my 98 Ranger XLT manual trans truck.
Another place told me my transmission needed to be rebuilt instead of correctly figuring out that the fluid was the wrong stuff. Ford dealer eventually straightened me out, and I made the first shop pay for that.
One quick oil change place failed to install the oil pan drain plug correctly (IKR?) when my wife took her Jeep for an oil change.
One place lost a bolt for a brake caliper on my Honda when doing a state inspection. By the time I figured out what the problem was, the other bolt had almost fallen out, too.

Ever since - dealer service only for me. I pay more for it, but the people working there tend to be better trained, I've noticed. One exception to that rule was when I lived in TX and the nearest Honda dealer was a haul to reach. So I found a good independent shop that specialized in foreign cars. I'll consider supporting an independent shop if they've got a good reputation.
And points for every dollar spent.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Trust Me....Lincoln dealer has everything needed already on the shelf and your money is good there. They also hope you stroll around the lot while you wait. You'd be surprised how often someone comes in for an oil change and leaves in a new car.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I take mine to our Lincoln/Mazda dealership and they have been terrific. Not able to use my Ford points though. :shock:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Most of the $tealer$hip profit is in servicing a vehicle (and used car / truck sales). You'll find that a Kia dealership will service your Ford truck. Certainly a Ford / Lincoln / Mercury Dealership will (Dear Ford - PLEASE Bring back the Mercury line and badge!)

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
(Dear Ford - PLEASE Bring back the Mercury line and badge!)
Why?

Fancy Fords are way better than Mercurys. They increase brand recognition (idk how many times I had to explain what my mom’s Mountaineer was to people when I was a kid). Plus, they eliminate complaints about badge engineering. Most people roll their eyes when they see a Mark LT, yet they never give a Platinum F-150 a second thought.

TORQUE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 corvette
Occupation
Working on xars
They should be able to take care of you.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Why wouldn't they?

Dealerships are trying to make money. Service makes them a lot of money. You have money? Right?

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Why?

Fancy Fords are way better than Mercurys. They increase brand recognition (idk how many times I had to explain what my mom’s Mountaineer was to people when I was a kid). Plus, they eliminate complaints about badge engineering. Most people roll their eyes when they see a Mark LT, yet they never give a Platinum F-150 a second thought.
Not the 90's and early 2000's Mercury's. I like the 50's and 60's Merc's. Brutish muscle and class. Even 70's models were a cut above the doldrums that was the auto industry then.
Sponsored