J.D. Powers survey

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
Has anyone received a J.D. Powers survey regarding their Ranger? I have. Lots of questions regarding exterior, interior, power, infotainment system, personal ideas and overall opinion.

I gave it an 8 out of 10.

My gripes were the poor rear underseat and behind the seat storage options, the infotainment system does not give better options to personalize, screen should be larger, android auto play should be untethered (wireless) and additional colors for the exterior paint.
Sponsored

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
id like to do the survey -- I love my truck but yea, a few little gripes: id like gauges or at least display on the info center for volts, amps, temperature, trans temp and how about a boost gauge???? I don't need real gauges but how about displaying it on the info center? its got to be a simple software thing -- in sure the truck knows so how about telling us??? and why is the tire pressure display so difficult to find? put it under truck information.... and the gas tank-- give us a few more gallons - the milage is fine but how about more range?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
id like to do the survey -- I love my truck but yea, a few little gripes: id like gauges or at least display on the info center for volts, amps, temperature, trans temp and how about a boost gauge???? I don't need real gauges but how about displaying it on the info center? its got to be a simple software thing -- in sure the truck knows so how about telling us??? and why is the tire pressure display so difficult to find? put it under truck information.... and the gas tank-- give us a few more gallons - the milage is fine but how about more range?
Hi Andrew,

Not sure with the package that there are many more gallons to squeeze out of the gas tank, but I agree I would like more ranger as well.

Okey another back story. As for gauges, they are much better than the idiot lights, eh?
Well back in the mid 70's the XLT F150 has an option called the gauge package. Wow...way cool, eh?
Not really just an analog idiot light. When you fired up the vehicle, all the gauges when to the middle of the Normal range. Temp gauge and fuel gauge were the exception. Others were just idiot lights with a gauge back ground and the needle as the light. Straight up or fall back below the Normal ranger. So oil pressure, Ammeter for example were merely just idiot lights looking like gauges.... Oh yeah...with respect to oil pressure...we had two sending units. 4 psi and 8 psi as I recall...either of which only told you that you were in deep shit.... Damage already happened....Sheesh!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Hi Andrew,

Not sure with the package that there are many more gallons to squeeze out of the gas tank, but I agree I would like more ranger as well.

Okey another back story. As for gauges, they are much better than the idiot lights, eh?
Well back in the mid 70's the XLT F150 has an option called the gauge package. Wow...way cool, eh?
Not really just an analog idiot light. When you fired up the vehicle, all the gauges when to the middle of the Normal range. Temp gauge and fuel gauge were the exception. Others were just idiot lights with a gauge back ground and the needle as the light. Straight up or fall back below the Normal ranger. So oil pressure, Ammeter for example were merely just idiot lights looking like gauges.... Oh yeah...with respect to oil pressure...we had two sending units. 4 psi and 8 psi as I recall...either of which only told you that you were in deep shit.... Damage already happened....Sheesh!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I like hearing those stories about how some of this stuff came around! - I just wish they'd add It to the info display that's one thing I liked about the Colorado -- I was considering that at the same time it would show you volts, trans temp etc and the ranger could do the same, its a great truck! my complaints are minor minor 1st world problems..... I've only got 1200 miles on it so far but I think this ones gonna be around awhile

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I received the survey and started but made a mistake on one of the entries. Tried to do the survey again from the beginning but it is formatted to save what has been entered and you can't start from scratch. I wanted to do the survey and contacted J.D. Powers to get a new link but they didn't respond.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My previous Ranger I took out the factory radio and dropped in a pioneer head. With that I could “hack” the head unit to allow anything I wanted to run on it. Got a Bluetooth OBD link MX and with that and their program could make any auxiliary gauge cluster setup I wanted. I sure miss having that at my disposal now.

Wonder how long it will take before someone can hack the sync system to be able to do the same thing.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
We had to sit through meetings after JD Power presented to the manufacturer. Like watching paint dry. Complaints on cup holders, ride (sports car), no clock, you name it.
Sponsored