George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
My stock exhaust is long gone but I’m pretty sure I recall measuring and it’s not 3”. Yes I believe the input and output from the muffler is, but the rest was something like 2.6” with some even smaller parts in a couple places.

The od of the tail pipe is 2 15/16's". The replacement pipe where the muffler used to live was 3 inches. The exhaust was necked DOWN on the intake side of the stock muffler,and then necked back UP to approx 3 "s.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Martin Rocha

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just wonder if any has read up on the Hennessey velociraptor ranger. I am wondering if they just sell the tuning setup for the ranger. Dang 360 HP. that is more than my ex 2.7

OP
OP
ryyck

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just wonder if any has read up on the Hennessey velociraptor ranger. I am wondering if they just sell the tuning setup for the ranger. Dang 360 HP. that is more than my ex 2.7
I've seen an article on that Velociraptor....that thing is crazy. If I was 20 and money to spend...but I'm 70 with no eye sight. I'd rather live another day.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I've seen an article on that Velociraptor....that thing is crazy. If I was 20 and money to spend...but I'm 70 with no eye sight. I'd rather live another day.
2 words.

1. Lasik 2. Gambling (for money obviously)

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I reached out to Hennessey to see if they would sell the Tuning on its own.
Answer was as follows:
"Our VELOCIRAPTOR Ranger upgrade is offered as a full turnkey package installed at our shop in Sealy, TX. We cannot exclude any portion of this upgrade.
Greg Brown"
So they will only do the whole package, lift wheels, tires, bumpers, tuning, exhaust, stitching in headrests everything. But Calibrated Power Solutions is working on releasing an option as well that can use the Auto Agent Platform.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Even though Hennessey gets glowing praise from all the magazines, they get a lot of rotten reviews from actual customers.

I know a guy who had a Hennessey Viper and he had Zero good things to say.

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting for a tune from Mountune. I had one of their tunes on my Focus ST and it was wonderful - especially if it is paired with a COBB Accessport, where you can switch tunes with the press of a steering wheel button.

Last edited:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I have the Borla catback exhaust as well and an AFE down pipe with high flow cat. I also have the AFE intercooler pipes, the Roush CAI, and tunes from 5Star. The horsepower is pretty high. Getting to the Hennessy HP level isn't too hard. Note that with this setup, your truck will be pretty loud. Regardless, I have a turbo upgrade from CR Performance and an LVL Performance intercooler on the way. I think I will be needing some new tires pretty soon....
Did you do the catback and down pipe at the same time? I have Borla alone and find that it is not too loud and wonder if the down pipe/cat replace added a lot to the sound levels? Was there any way you could single out or attribute gains specifically to the CAI? My plan is to wait for the Ford Tune so I can use my points to help with the cost.

OP
OP
ryyck

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I did put the down pipe on at the same time as the Borla catback. It was pretty loud. Sounded amazing really, but after three months I decided it was time to tone it down. Just this past Friday I put a Borla resonator on the middle pipe between the downpipe and the catback. It still has a great sound, but fewer crackles and fewer dBs. The power does not seem to have been affected. Regarding the CAI, I cannot attribute any gains to it, but it replaced a K&N drop-in filter. So the flow was probably sufficient already with the K&N. However, with the turbo upgrade I have yet to put on, I was concerned the intake would be a bottle neck. That is why I replaced it. Anyway, with my setup, the DashCommand app tells me I am generating just over 450 hp at the crank. I am not sure of the accuracy, but when it was new and unmodified, the same numbers were in the 260's. So regardless of what the true HP is, I think it is a reasonable indicator that the hp has increased significantly over stock and I am having fun. What's even more fun is taking my 11 year old son out on Saturday mornings to do donuts in the snow and then stopping at a donut shop. I am not sure which donuts he enjoys more, but he sure smiles when we are spinning and making noise!

One more thing... If you are looking for the Roush Cold Air Intake, or other parts, I have been working with Shawn at Stage3. He has been great to work with, helped to quickly resolve a few issues on parts I received (or didn't receive with regard to a few light mounting brackets), and has been helpful on pricing. More importantly though, he has been good with advice and helped steer me to parts that are best suited for my goals. This should be Shawn's direct number. Give him a call! 623-434-5277
The Roush CAI is and has been on back order for some time. It may be some weeks before I get mine in the mail. I understand it's mostly a torque upgrade. I'll get a MagnaFlo piping tomorrow...
I'm not sure I want to mod to a land speed truck. But, I hope, it'll be fun.

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I did put the down pipe on at the same time as the Borla catback. It was pretty loud. Sounded amazing really, but after three months I decided it was time to tone it down. Just this past Friday I put a Borla resonator on the middle pipe between the downpipe and the catback. It still has a great ....
Can you link to your build? or the turbo upgrade that you have found?

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
You can get the turbo from 5Star Tuning or direct from the shop in Canada. https://crpengineering.com/product/2019-2020-ford-ranger-2-3l-ecoboost-stage-3-54mm-upgrade-turbo/
Its literally cheaper to buy the turbo yourself and send it to them. I work for Ford so I can get it at pretty much cost and plus the $850 they charge to upgrade it you would be saving over $1,100 vs buying an already modded turbo from them. Must be making some serious scratch with that kind of markup!

Even if you buy the turbo at full retail you save over $800. Just throwing that out there for anyone thinking about doing this. Much cheaper to buy your own and send it to them!

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have the Borla catback exhaust as well and an AFE down pipe with high flow cat. I also have the AFE intercooler pipes, the Roush CAI, and tunes from 5Star. The horsepower is pretty high. Getting to the Hennessy HP level isn't too hard. Note that with this setup, your truck will be pretty loud. Regardless, I have a turbo upgrade from CR Performance and an LVL Performance intercooler on the way. I think I will be needing some new tires pretty soon....
Tips or tricks on getting the aFe intercooler pipes to fit properly? Specifically having the BOV clear the hood liner. I’m running the Turbosmart dual port BOV as well.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Try Stage3. Seemed like everyone was out when I ordered mine but I received within a few days. Very good pricing too!
Also 5 Star has the aFe CAI for $300.

agbulling

First Name
Aziz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2018 Indian Chieftain Vintage
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army CW4, I.T. Project Manager
Any word on the Ford performance package?
I'm looking at the exhaust and Rousch CAI.
Love the Rouch intake without tuning and installed the Magnaflow black duel outlet catback system.

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Loosen the intercooler so you can slide it forward. Get the pipes connected to the turbo and throttle body. Then connect to the intercooler. My BOV fit fine.
DevilDog1775 May I ask you a technical question in regards to the AFE downpipe. How difficult was it to install? I am very interested it purchasing it but as I read the installation instructions it seems to be more technical that I expected. Is there a video a I can reference to? (my google and YouTube searches were not successful)
Sponsored