First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Anyone purchase the exhaust system for the ranger from ford performance and if so what were your thoughts?

Any noticeable bumps in power etc? How is the sound?
Sponsored

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Anyone purchase the exhaust system for the ranger from ford performance and if so what were your thoughts?

I’ve had it on for 8k miles now. I think it’s perfect balance of volume.

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
Been running mine for about 4k now and I love it.

I agree that it’s a great balance. It’s no V8 sound, but it makes the EB sound nice. It’s barely noticeable while cruising, but it definitely let’s you know when you actually get into the throttle.

Looks really nice, too. I got the black chrome on mine and it’s a drastic improvement over the leftover plumbing look of the original equipment.

Edit: Oh, and to answer your performance question, no, I’ve not noticed any bumps in power. Just surprised looks from people when I step on it and my Ranger suddenly sounds really angry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dgm3306

Dgm3306

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Registered Respiratory Therapist

Ray Miller

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 , 2020 Indian Roadmaster Elite
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
I put this on mine and haven't noticed any new power. Wish the sound was a little deeper than the sport sound. These are made by Borla. Looks clean and way better with the black appearance package.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Praise the lord! It doesn’t sound like a ricey civic. Sounds awesome!

Billdub01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Had mine installed the other day, black chrome. Not only myself but others love the tone too! If your looking at the FP exhaust....just do it. You won't regret it. I do think there is not enough videos online showing the kit. I was thinking about doing a quick one. I gotta get the wife to help though. ;-)

I have the mpg meter up all the time. I have noticed a few more mpgs while taking it easy. No noticeable power bump even with a KN filter installed from the retune kit. Its harder to take it easy with the exhaust on now. I'm in CA bay area going to put the Ford performance tune on as soon as I hit 5k miles. Being that I'm in CA every mod has to be CARB compliant. I'm not about to switch things around like I used to before a smog check. Im not totally sure about adding a CAI at the moment as I do plan in going off road. The stock intake location seems fine for that.

Last edited:

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase

Had mine on for about 4K miles now, and did notice slight improvement over stock. I suppose it depends on the sensitivity of one’s butt dyno, haha. It does eliminate that 1 inch stock restriction, which helps. Best part about the exhaust is that it really livens up the truck, my wife loves to drive it now; happy wife, happy life!

Edit: Almost forgot to mention; I installed the Roush CAI after the exhaust and the combination helped quite a bit over stock. Not long after, I installed the Ford Performance Tune. The sum of these parts make a joy to drive, just my opinion.
Sponsored