First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I have the solution for those of you in CA, and you don't even need to wait anymore.... trade in your 2022 for a 2021, odds are it will have more features on the 2021 anyway. For even more missing features, go to 2020 or 2019 even.

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
Latest update from FORD 11/30/2022
Good Morning,

The 2022 CARB approval is in process, however I do not have an ETA for availability at this time. This process can unfortunately be time consuming and it is difficult to set a direct time frame because of it.

I would periodically check our listing for updates on MY 2022 availability for California...
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB

Thank You,

Anthony Fodera
Ford Performance Info Center - Supervisor
(800) 367-3788
[email protected]
2022 has come & gone, still No California C.A.R.B. E0 # for 2022 Rangers. Latest from FORD Jan. 4th 2023

Good Morning,
Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when the kit's CARB certification will be completed at this time. This can be a lengthy process and hard to predict unfortunately.
I would keep an eye on the listing on our website for updates on when the kit is CARB 50 State Certified. As soon as it is, the site will be updated.

Thank You,
Anthony Fodera

OneMore

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
2022 has come & gone, still No California C.A.R.B. E0 # for 2022 Rangers. Latest from FORD Jan. 4th 2023

Good Morning,
Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when the kit's CARB certification will be completed at this time. This can be a lengthy process and hard to predict unfortunately.
I would keep an eye on the listing on our website for updates on when the kit is CARB 50 State Certified. As soon as it is, the site will be updated.

Thank You,
Anthony Fodera

This is getting old.

Will we ever receive CARB approval for 2022 Ford Rangers?
I want to have a legal tune on my truck. Willing to pay the elevated pricing for Fords product that has limited options.
This state keeps giving me more reasons to live elsewhere.

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
This is getting old.

I want to have a legal tune on my truck. Willing to pay the elevated pricing for Fords product that has limited options.
I honestly don't think Cali is going to approve it. Just my opinion, but they keep tightening emissions there and I don't think they want to allow it.

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
I honestly don't think Cali is going to approve it. Just my opinion, but they keep tightening emissions there and I don't think they want to allow it.
Will have to add Power Pack to long list of things that can’t be sold or shipped to Comifornia. Lot of Water heaters, AC & Heating units even garage door openers can’t be shipped or sold in Calif. Ordered a hose type sprayer for a laundry sink and Amazon canceled it (Not sold in Calif) Guess it flows too much water. Gun parts forget it especially with Newsom’s new bill, nobody will sell in Calif. With the risk of being sued

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
Will have to add Power Pack to long list of things that can’t be sold or shipped to Comifornia. Lot of Water heaters, AC & Heating units even garage door openers can’t be shipped or sold in Calif. Ordered a hose type sprayer for a laundry sink and Amazon canceled it (Not sold in Calif) Guess it flows too much water. Gun parts forget it especially with Newsom’s new bill, nobody will sell in Calif. With the risk of being sued
Comifornia Update: Ford added 2023 Ranger to the list;
2022 and 2023 available for non-California vehicles. Wonder if Ford even applied to C.A.R.B. for the exemption.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Even as an owner of a Ford Tuned vehicle, I'd find another tune from maybe like Livernois. Ford is done with CA and their C.A.R.B crap.

- If you keep asking when, Ford is just going to be polite and push you out further and further.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
This is getting old.

It’s a beautiful state, too bad it’s in California

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
Even as an owner of a Ford Tuned vehicle, I'd find another tune from maybe like Livernois. Ford is done with CA and their C.A.R.B crap.

- If you keep asking when, Ford is just going to be polite and push you out further and further.
Latest from FORD Performance, still blowing smoke up my tailpipe. I'll be out in Arizona in a couple months, if no C.A.R.B. E.0 # Will look into getting aftermarket tune there.

We are in the process of getting the CA certifications.
Ford Performance Parts Vehicle Coordinator
Ford Performance Parts Tech Line
Matt Korczyk (800) 367-3788

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
calibration tech
Yeah, I'm looking for something to do soon after I get the truck I ordered without risking warranty issues . I hate the non-linear throttle response and awkward shift points for economy that most cars come with from the factory.

I had a 5-Star Tune on my old F-150 that was really great for fixing all the drivability gripes I have with modern cars, but I didn't get that until after the 60k mile powertrain expired so it didn't matter for the warranty.
I bought a pedal commander to handle the throttle response and it was like $300. Doesn't change the programming at all from a Forscan angle. Best money spent on the truck TBH. I'm too unsure about a tune while still in warranty
Sponsored