dabomb4097

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 302A FX4 (On Order)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hey all!

Was looking though the forum here, and I noticed the Ford Performance Power Pack Calibration (M-9603-REB) only says 2019-2021 Ranger. Are there any differences in 2022 that would prevent this from working? Has anyone tried to install it on an MY22?

Not sure if they just forgot to update the website, or if MY22 had some behind the scenes ECU changes that may have broken the FP tuner.

Thanks!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They're all the same and nothing has changed. Ford just didn't update the website.

Edit: That's pretty dumb seeing as nothing has changed since 2019. Same drivetrain and all except for the list of deleted items which wouldn't affect anything. Just another reason to go with an aftermarket tune where you'll get much better performance and much less expensive too.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
They have to certify it to be CARB compliant and it's VIN based so until they are ready to say it's available for the 22 you will not be able to down load the tune.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Yeah, I don’t think it will will work for 2022 until they update it. When I bought my ’21 in 2/21, the tune was only approved for 19-20 and I had to wait as well.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
They're all the same and nothing has changed. Ford just didn't update the website.

Edit: That's pretty dumb seeing as nothing has changed since 2019. Same drivetrain and all except for the list of deleted items which wouldn't affect anything. Just another reason to go with an aftermarket tune where you'll get much better performance and much less expensive too.
Yeah, but that warranty from FoMoCo tho…….

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, but that warranty from FoMoCo tho…….
Oh I get it that some like the piece of mind of retaining the warranty. But there's so many on here (myself included) with aftermarket tunes that haven't had any problems. I know there's always a first but some here run theirs very hard and none have gone boom yet. Well only one with a 5star tune (I think I threw a rod thread) and there was never any proof that the tune caused the the engine to fail.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, I have been driving turbo 4cyl vehicles continuously as my daily drivers since 1985 and have accumulated over 3/4 of a million miles. All of them have been tuned and I have never had a turbo, internal engine or other power train failure.

OP
OP
dabomb4097

dabomb4097

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 302A FX4 (On Order)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Oh I get it that some like the piece of mind of retaining the warranty. But there's so many on here (myself included) with aftermarket tunes that haven't had any problems. I know there's always a first but some here run theirs very hard and none have gone boom yet. Well only one with a 5star tune (I think I threw a rod thread) and there was never any proof that the tune caused the the engine to fail.
Yeah, I'm looking for something to do soon after I get the truck I ordered without risking warranty issues . I hate the non-linear throttle response and awkward shift points for economy that most cars come with from the factory.

I had a 5-Star Tune on my old F-150 that was really great for fixing all the drivability gripes I have with modern cars, but I didn't get that until after the 60k mile powertrain expired so it didn't matter for the warranty.

RBMAN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
uhhhh...just call them and ask....

1649122610712.png

1649122682568.png
Are the Ford techs taking calls yet? I tried several weeks ago to get some questions answered, but online chat was the only option. Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I prefer to actually talk to someone!

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea as to time frame for ford to come out with the tune for a 22 ranger?

SgtT11B

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Real Estate
Talked to Ford Performance, the tune is with California's CARB waiting to get CARB certification to get the CARB EO#.

JCliftonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
I, too, am patiently waiting on the '22 tune to be released... I assume no new updates as far as anyone here knows?

Snapp

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger
Occupation
Service manager
Also waiting.
Keep me posted when it's available

Snapp