First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
Please post up how you like it, especially the. trans part of it.
I got impatient and went with another tuner but still not happy with the transmission shifting.
i have had the tune on for a little over a week. The shifting has gone back to the way it was before the tune. The relearn process WAS THE WORST FRICKIN THING IN THE WORLD. It is now shifting much better and smoother. Stills wants to get to 10th gear as quick as possible tho. My MPGā€™s have gone back to around stock numbers and Im on 285/70ā€™s. All and all I like it. Feels like it did when it was stock but pulls much harder in the lower and upper rpmā€™s. I have always ran premium fuel so thats not a big issue for me on fueling. And you can change tire size beyond what ford says. My speedo is dead on now.
Sponsored

Iconic22

First Name
Lonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Installed the tune today and just finished a post install shake-down cruise with no apparent issues.

id say budget an hour start to finish.

that hour includes updating the ProCal, downloading stock tune, uploading stock to ford, downloading performance tune, and lastly installing performance tune.

UPDATE: forgot to mention, during download of tune from ford, a nag screen came stating Not Approved for The Land of Fruits and Nuts aka California
You installed it on your 22? How is it?

ElPaso-Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Supercab
Please post up how you like it, especially the. trans part of it.
I got impatient and went with another tuner but still not happy with the transmission shifting.
I have had the tune for about 3 days. Shifts are much better. Stock tune would make 3 shifts 0 to 30 mph. New tune has 1 shift to 30ā€¦ second shift is around 33 mph. Itā€™s actually easier to stay at speed limit, because I get to it faster and I donā€™t have to mash the accelerator.

Jgold82

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Literally just installed it cause my Ford dealership didnā€™t want to (although they did give me a work order stating they did so I wouldnā€™t have warranty issues if needed).

Anyways, install went pretty smooth. Definitely about an hour total from start to finish at most.

just went for a couple mile drive on some country roads and it definitely is a noticeable improvement in power and shifting. Didnā€™t try and jump through the gears as fast and let them run through the RPM range before shifting. This combined with my pedal commander, Roush CAI, and magnaflow muffler has my ā€˜22 Lariat an absolute blast to drive!

RatsMC

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
It is irritating that it isn't available in California yet since they initial delay was waiting on CARB for approval.

Deleted member 15875

It is irritating that it isn't available in California yet since they initial delay was waiting on CARB for approval.
I talked to CARB and Ford Performance and nobody has any information when the 22 California updates will be approved. :angry:

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
I, too, am patiently waiting on the '22 tune to be released... I assume no new updates as far as anyone here knows?
Checked with C.A.R.B. 11/18/2022 and this is the answer I got. "You will need to talk to Ford. I cannot talk about applications we do or don't have"

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
Checked with C.A.R.B. 11/18/2022 and this is the answer I got. "You will need to talk to Ford. I cannot talk about applications we do or don't have"
Latest Update from FORD Performance

Hello,
I do know that the Ford Performance group has been working on getting this cleared, however due to the States emissions laws and standards have been proving this difficult for them to approve for the State of California. As of now this tune and calibration is 49 state legal.
Having said that, they are working on it, unfortunately there is no ETA to share at this time.

I do hope this information helps

Deleted member 15875

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
Maybe they finally got it approved. Those 2 listings show different carb #'s

Deleted member 15875

Maybe they finally got it approved. Those 2 listings show different carb #'s
Yes, I also noticed this. Stage 3 also is showing this update on their site as well.
MOUNTUNE shows this: "50 state legal - C.A.R.B. EO#: D-752-12 for 2019-2021 only at this time. "

Last edited by a moderator:

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
Yes, I also noticed this. Stage 3 also is showing this update on their site as well.
MOUNTUNE shows this: "50 state legal - C.A.R.B. EO#: D-752-12 for 2019-2021 only at this time. "
Latest update from FORD 11/30/2022
Good Morning,

The 2022 CARB approval is in process, however I do not have an ETA for availability at this time. This process can unfortunately be time consuming and it is difficult to set a direct time frame because of it.

I would periodically check our listing for updates on MY 2022 availability for California...
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB

Thank You,

Anthony Fodera
Ford Performance Info Center - Supervisor
(800) 367-3788
[email protected]
Sponsored