First Name
Rowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Product Manager
Did that Ford Performance/ARB bumper ever happen?

Here's a refresher:
https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2019/10/arb-accessories.html

I like the closer-to-stock look and the much more compact form factor than the Summit bumper has, and would also love keeping the warranty and service options on my truck. Wanted to see if anyone had experience looking into these.

Cheers
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

Here's a refresher:
https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2019/10/arb-accessories.html

I like the closer-to-stock look and the much more compact form factor than the Summit bumper has, and would also love keeping the warranty and service options on my truck. Wanted to see if anyone had experience looking into these.

Cheers
I had heard somewhere that Ford and Warn got into a little pissing contest over Warn's Ascent bumper. I wonder if it was because Ford was working with ARB on this similar design...

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would buy one of these, has all I want and nothing more. There is too much going on with the ARB Summit for me.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Weird how nearly 14 months later nothing on it. Even with COVID it should have been at least somewhat in production or had a few sold.

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, and this is just my opinion, but that bumper is not attractive. Most of the aftermarket ones aren't from what I've seen. The factory bumper actually looks pretty good, its metal, and its capable of mounting a winch to it with minor modification. There isn't much reason to change it out from what I've seen so far. Ground clearance is the only thing I can think of but with the factory tow hooks there you aren't gaining much if any except on the corners.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Honestly, and this is just my opinion, but that bumper is not attractive. Most of the aftermarket ones aren't from what I've seen. The factory bumper actually looks pretty good, its metal, and its capable of mounting a winch to it with minor modification. There isn't much reason to change it out from what I've seen so far. Ground clearance is the only thing I can think of but with the factory tow hooks there you aren't gaining much if any except on the corners.
Agreed.

And if you modify the stock bumper with a Shrockworks Stock Bumper Winch Mount it looks even better!

Not my truck... but I'd really like to get one of these... do I need it... Nope. Is it bad ass... yep.

1610574873763.png

OP
OP
studiowild

studiowild

First Name
Rowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Product Manager
Agreed.

And if you modify the stock bumper with a Shrockworks Stock Bumper Winch Mount it looks even better!

Not my truck... but I'd really like to get one of these... do I need it... Nope. Is it bad ass... yep.

1610574873763.png
I don't mind the look, but I agree that most of the aftermarket bumpers are much more than I need for minimal benefit.

Given that this is bogged down it looks like I'll be going with either the Shrockworks or just the winch mount behind the pure stock bumper. Both are bigger modifications than I'm used to though so having the dealer option would make things simple. If anyone can recommend a shop that could help with install in the PNW I'm all ears!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I don't mind the look, but I agree that most of the aftermarket bumpers are much more than I need for minimal benefit.

Given that this is bogged down it looks like I'll be going with either the Shrockworks or just the winch mount behind the pure stock bumper. Both are bigger modifications than I'm used to though so having the dealer option would make things simple. If anyone can recommend a shop that could help with install in the PNW I'm all ears!
Ask the dealership. I'm a DIY guy but I do know the dealership here will install non Ford parts, no worries.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I also have to agree with you. Most of the aftermarket bumpers out there really suck on the looks especially for the new vehicles out there. The one ford was planning with ARB I feel is one of the better looking ones but would not do the trick for me(personal preference on that).

Now if anything for you about the most you have to worry about is them dang old wild Gators that run out in front of you while driving down the HWY!! LOL!! So I dont thi k you have too Mich to worry about anyway

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I've emailed Ford Performance... every bumper design I actually like is not available for the Ranger. All the great Toyota truck bumpers... just the big massive ugly ones are available for the Ranger. This one is lean and gets the job done in the right ways. Baffles me it's not being released yet.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I got an email from FP--they said it may be released this summer.

And the price... likely not $1495... metal got more expensive. They didn't say that, but I expect it.

overland_dog

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Here's a refresher:

Cheers
It looks like it is now on stage 3 motor sports website. At least I think this is it.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m-17757-r1f-19-21-ranger-ford-performance-off-road-bumper.html

I’m pretty sure it was just uploaded and it might be a SEMA release.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I got an email from FP--they said it may be released this summer.

And the price... likely not $1495... metal got more expensive. They didn't say that, but I expect it.
Surprisingly only up to $1500.

The Summit bumper went from roughly $1750 to $2050.

Ouch.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

Ouch.
For the price difference I feel would be better to get the full bumper from ARB. Yes it has a high cost but I'm sure a lot of it comes down to making sure it is safe to run on the truck. Something a lot of aftermarket bumper companies dont do.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

Ouch.
Where are you finding anything, let alone a price, on this phantom part?

For the price difference I feel would be better to get the full bumper from ARB. Yes it has a high cost but I'm sure a lot of it comes down to making sure it is safe to run on the truck. Something a lot of aftermarket bumper companies dont do.
You don't think Ford would make a bumper it sells under their performance division "safe to run on it's truck?"
Sponsored