Ford Performance and ARB to Co-Develop Off-Road Parts Starting W/ Winch-Ready Bumper for Ford Ranger

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
http://www.campaign.ford.com/conten...oad-parts-winch-ready-bumper-ford-ranger.html

1572457314148.jpg

• Ford Performance and ARB 4x4 Accessories are teaming up to develop components for Ford off-road enthusiasts
  • All-new winch-capable front bumper for the North American Ford Ranger is the first component from the collaboration, bringing even greater capability to the adventure-ready Ranger
  • A dealer-installed option, the winch-capable bumper will be available in 2020 from Ford Performance Parts for $1,495 MSRP

DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 31, 2019 ā€“ Ford Performance and ARB 4x4 Accessories today announce a collaboration that will design and develop off-road accessories and vehicle recovery parts for Ford off-road enthusiasts, starting with a winch-capable front bumper for Ford Ranger.

ā€œFor Ranger customers who want the ultimate adventure gear, a Ford Performance collaboration with ARB is a dream come true,ā€ said Eric Cin, global director, Ford Vehicle Personalization and Accessories. ā€œWith 45 years of design and engineering experience in the overlanding and rock-crawling world, ARB is bringing additional options for Ranger customers looking to make their truck even more capable.ā€

Additional components designed to work with other Ford trucks and SUVs will be announced soon. ARB is known for aftermarket parts that include bumpers, roof racks, snorkels, air compressors, lighting and more.

ā€œThe goal of the relationship between ARB and Ford Performance is to provide Ford customers premium and functional off-road accessories that inspire personalized vehicle customization, improve off-road capability, and empower customers to feel comfortable using their vehicles ā€“ even in remote areas,ā€ said Lachlan McCann, ARB chief operating officer.

Designed specifically for Ranger, all-new Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper is precision engineered to complement the truckā€™s rugged lines and is finished in a durable IntegritĀ® powder coat. The bumper is built from welded sheet steel up to 3/16ths of an inch thick, attaches to the truck using existing chassis mounting points and can be installed on any North American Ranger configuration.

ARB and Ford Performance worked together to ensure the winch-capable front bumper is compatible with the truckā€™s factory components. Rangerā€™s original safety systems and sensors maintain functionality to enable Ford Co-Pilot 360ā„¢ driver assist technologies and available Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning. The all-new bumper is the only aftermarket steel bumper available for Ranger that meets regulatory crash test standards.

The all-new bumper will accommodate a wide range of accessories while maintaining maximum functionality for off-road and overlanding use. An integrated mount is incorporated for simple and quick winch installation, plus easy access to winch controls is available through the split center pan. Mounting points and jacking points maximize off-road functionality for increased visibility, and ease any headaches in backcountry recovery situations.

Compatible accessories for the all-new winch-capable front bumper for Ford Ranger include:

• WARNĀ® Industries M8000, XD9000, 9.5XP, 9.5XDC and VR EVO 10-S winches
  • RIGIDĀ® SR-Series LED lightbars, both 6-inch and 30-inch lengths
  • Antenna and sand flag mounts
  • Jacking points for off-road jacks
The winch-capable front bumper will be available in 2020 through Ford dealers and Ford Performance Parts distributors for $1,495 MSRP before installation, and comes with a Ford Performance Parts limited warranty. See a Ford dealer for details.
Sponsored

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I just saw this article this morning and was gunna post it. I like it as well. Wonder why they kept the stock bash plate though

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I just saw this article this morning and was gunna post it. I like it as well. Wonder why they kept the stock bash plate though
Oh well, I'll be buying skids from Shrockworks when they come out anyways.

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Adidas trail runners
I wrote to ARB inquiring about the Summit bumper and seeking images beyond the released marketing photographs and heard back with the following information:

"The front bumper is not available yet, it should be releasing sometime this spring, along with other Ranger products.

We do not have any other photos outside of what we've released from the marketing shots.

There will be more information available as the release date gets closer."​

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
I wonder. If you do the bumper, and a winch, is there any space in the bumper for an arb compressor?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I wonder. If you do the bumper, and a winch, is there any space in the bumper for an arb compressor?
Who knows, in my opinion the best place to put a compressor is by the battery or if you was an air tank with it mount it just above the spare tire.

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love mine.

E7BE53BF-F946-4286-B868-C4DE14DC3BAE.jpeg
What a beauty! Hey, question for ya ā€” did installation involve much or any cutting? (Trying to gauge if itā€™s something I could do myself over a long weekend, when I get around to buying one.)

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
What a beauty! Hey, question for ya ā€” did installation involve much or any cutting? (Trying to gauge if itā€™s something I could do myself over a long weekend, when I get around to buying one.)
Thanks! Removing the OEM grill and bumper is a pain the arse. I know because I installed the lariat Led lights on my XLT.

The bumper was installed at a local 4x4 shop. Took them about 6-8 hours of labor. The shop guy told me the bumper wasnt hard, just that it took more time than expected because of all the wiring. Also, on each of the interior side panels, inside the wheel well if you will, we had to bend the metal Up so they wouldnt rub against the tires. They were too long from the ARB factory. Iā€™ll senda pic of what Iā€™m talking about. But overall,I love this bar. Itā€™s the 3rd bar from ARB on different rigs that Iā€™ve put on.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
@RangerVA do you have adaptive cruise control? If so, where did the sensor get relocated to and did ARB supply the hardware for that?

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Removing the OEM grill and bumper is a pain the arse. I know because I installed the lariat Led lights on my XLT.

The bumper was installed at a local 4x4 shop. Took them about 6-8 hours of labor. The shop guy told me the bumper wasnt hard, just that it took more time than expected because of all the wiring. Also, on each of the interior side panels, inside the wheel well if you will, we had to bend the metal Up so they wouldnt rub against the tires. They were too long from the ARB factory. Iā€™ll senda pic of what Iā€™m talking about. But overall,I love this bar. Itā€™s the 3rd bar from ARB on different rigs that Iā€™ve put on.
Thanks for the informative reply! I get psyched every time I see a photo of your truck pop up, so Iā€™m glad to hear youā€™re pleased with it.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the informative reply! I get psyched every time I see a photo of your truck pop up, so Iā€™m glad to hear youā€™re pleased with it.
Thanks for the support! I hope you can get that bumper on your truck soon! And don't forget to share pics of the update!
Sponsored