Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Umm sorry about that man sounds terrible. I was just venting frustrations as stated earleir you clearly deserve to be infinitely more frustrated. Only plus I can see is you're Canadian and didn't get railed with medical expneses without a resolution. Hope she gets the help she needs/gets better.
Thanks - just my way to help you put things in perspective. When I need to vent, I go outside and yell at the moon. Be safe.
Sponsored

Rundl

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Retired
My 2019 Ranger has been In the shop for two weeks waiting on a starter assembly and they have no idea when the can get one.

OP
OP

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
My 2019 Ranger has been In the shop for two weeks waiting on a starter assembly and they have no idea when the can get one.

I can almost guarantee it won't be soon compadre

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thank you all for explaining the nuances of the international supply chain during covid.

We are 10-11 months into a pandemic that clearly was underestimated by all. That doesn't really diflect the blame from Ford in being unreachable not just in my case but in the tons of cases like mine.

Any ways my fiance is tired of me bitching about so thanks for letting me bitch.
Hopefully your situation will be resolved soon. :)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I know just how you feel...

I dropped my wife off in March 2020 to get some symptoms checked from a disagreement with an eye infection (see prior post). In total appeared to be a cold with an estimated recovery time of 2 days.
Flash forward 10 months and she is still suffering debilitating effects of COVID-19 “long haul syndrome” due to lack of treatment regimes and an apparent shutdown from big pharma in producing a cure.
This has further soured my liking of her doctors not really due to the issues with treatments but more the fact that they have done zero to make right on issues that leave my wife bedridden and unable to perform the simplist of everyday tasks.
I have been in contact with doctors and several times only to be given a phone number to the provincial and federal health ministers (which happens to be as busy as hell with a pandemic). This sort of hurts my chances in being able to raise hell at the government level.
Anyways is anyone else facing this problem?
If so have you had any luck dealing with COVID-19 in any capacity?

Sorry you‘re forced to bum rides or borrow cars to drive to and from anywhere during the pandemic.
I'm so sorry you and your wife are going through this. It's a shame you can,'t get the help you need for her. It's scary. In our area, there is a shortage of healthcare workers and the ones working are getting overwhelmed. When these COVID patients are discharged, a majority of them have lasting complications. They are sent home for families to figure out how to deal with it, often without help. Mainly because everything is getting stretched so thin. People are getting stretched to the limit. I have a co-worker going through this with her sister & mother.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I'm so sorry you and your wife are going through this. It's a shame you can,'t get the help you need for her. It's scary. In our area, there is a shortage of healthcare workers and the ones working are getting overwhelmed. When these COVID patients are discharged, a majority of them have lasting complications. They are sent home for families to figure out how to deal with it, often without help. Mainly because everything is getting stretched so thin. People are getting stretched to the limit. I have a co-worker going through this with her sister & mother.
Thank you very much Tracy. We will all get through this eventually.

Let your co.worker know that while her family has been left to deal with this on their own, we’re thinking about her and her family and hoping for the very best outcome.

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much Tracy. We will all get through this eventually.

Let your co.worker know that while her family has been left to deal with this on their own, we’re thinking about her and her family and hoping for the very best outcome.
I will. Thank you!

20Ranger4wd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Sport 4x4
put it to you this way, in the US your death rate is about 1.7%, canada its 2.85%.
we will average it to 2 for ease of maths.

The Ranger plant itself employs about 3000 people.
that means that 60 employees at that plant could be dead. thats alot of people to lose off of a shift....thats slows down production. now add in all the supporting companies....and geez golly thats means more dead people...more slowdowns, more delays.....not to mention all the sick people that cant come to work....so yeah, keep shaking your fist over no parts
Sounds like you watch a lot of CNN.

You really think 60 employees at the Ranger plant have died? I highly doubt that.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
put it to you this way, in the US your death rate is about 1.7%, canada its 2.85%.
we will average it to 2 for ease of maths.

The Ranger plant itself employs about 3000 people.
that means that 60 employees at that plant could be dead. thats alot of people to lose off of a shift....thats slows down production. now add in all the supporting companies....and geez golly thats means more dead people...more slowdowns, more delays.....not to mention all the sick people that cant come to work....so yeah, keep shaking your fist over no parts
I'm pretty sure that the death rate is of those that have actually been diagnosed with Covid. The death rate compared to the USA population is "only" 0.13%.

BlueBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Here's another angle: my brother had two techs suddenly out at his dealership -- both diagnosed with COVID. So, not only are there global supply chain issues but the very people needed to diagnose the vehicle and pull/install parts are impacted. When one dealership's service dept is short-handed customers are referred to another dealership and before long it's impacting the whole area.

Let's just hope they don't run out of loaner cars.

20Ranger4wd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Sport 4x4
its a statistic you fool, its a probability, and it could very well happen.
other business' might lose 90% of their employees while others lose none.
that's not CNN talking, that's common sense.
unfortunately, the news networks, all of them, show the lack of common sense on a daily basis, welcome to todays world, where the dumb just get dumber
No it’s not a probability or a relevant statistic. It’s foolish to say sensationalistic nonsense like that.

20Ranger4wd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Sport 4x4
I'm pretty sure that the death rate is of those that have actually been diagnosed with Covid. The death rate compared to the USA population is "only" 0.13%.
Correct, and so statistically, if the Ranger plant is like the rest of the US, then 3.9 workers could die. If you’re going to use statistics, let be realistic, not sensationalistic.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Correct, and so statistically, if the Ranger plant is like the rest of the US, then 3.9 workers could die. If you’re going to use statistics, let be realistic, not sensationalistic.
Almost. If the Ranger plant is like the rest of the US, then 3.9 workers have already died.

But then again, if we're extrapolating from the rest of the US, approximate 192 of the workers at the Ranger plant are under the age of 5. I, for one, am appalled at this use of child labor.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
And of those, the deaths are disproportionately skewed toward the elderly in assisted living facilities. Those poor souls were not working at Ford manufacturing plants.

CarbonCult

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Military
My 2020 Ranger was towed to the dealer on January 15th and I got the same response you did - Part on backorder. Have you received the starter assembly yet?
Sponsored