Ford News EV Bronco and Ranger

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
ITT: A lot of people who don't know what the hell they're talking about, but have a lot to say about it (and yes, I'm a hypocrite). Even those in related fields are pigeon-holed in their views and everything is anecdotal. This thread is waste of time if you ask me, so I'm out!
OK

so then you wont see me say have a good one
Sponsored

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
OK

so then you wont see me say have a good one
Unfortunately unwatching a thread doesn't stop the site from notifying me when I get quoted, so I'mmmm baccck! I will have a good one. You have a good one as well!

To all that are stuck saying that EVs and green energy don't work etc etc. You're missing the point. Change is needed. EVs and green energy is a form of change - the most promising and rapidly developing form of change. If you have a problem with trying to solve problems.. then you're the problem.

I'm out!

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Still wrong. Coal. Gas. Nuke. Air. Solar. We do it all. Leaders in renewable.

Stop arguing in a subject you are not educated in.

You should really stop. Still wrong.

We do coal. Gas, wind, solar, nuke. In fact a leader in renewable energy.

You are living in fantasy. I deal with reality

Nothing you have said is correct.
Were definitely not a leader when energy providers and their political enablers in various states, allow financial penalties for those that transition to alternatives. So certainly, we are not a leader by any means. Once the energy providers find better ways to make money other than to force via mob like extortion tactics, we will all be able to move towards a lower cost energy future.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Were definitely not a leader when energy providers and their political enablers in various states, allow financial penalties for those that transition to alternatives. So certainly, we are not a leader by any means. Once the energy providers find better ways to make money other than to force via mob like extortion tactics, we will all be able to move towards a lower cost energy future.

Sorry. By "we" i meant the company i work for. We are industry leaders in renewable energy as well as fossils.

We control the vast majority of power generation in the USA.

When I state there is no viable replacement for fossil generating plants, I say so with knowledge and experience in that area.

Solar and wind is a pipe dream at this point in time.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
What is worse, or ironic, is how they clear-cut forests (i.e. CO2 absorbing TREES!) to put up solar farms...on my way up to camp in Waterford, ME, I noticed at least three "solar farms" of a couple hundred acres each; acres that used to have thousands of CO2 sponges (and oxygen makers) called TREES. Those that want a greener earth are out cutting trees...:shock:

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry. By "we" i meant the company i work for. We are industry leaders in renewable energy as well as fossils.

We control the vast majority of power generation in the USA.

When I state there is no viable replacement for fossil generating plants, I say so with knowledge and experience in that area.

Solar and wind is a pipe dream at this point in time.
Apparently, there are very few visionary's working at that company. If they saw a larger profit potential, or wanted to try and create one, they would be innovating similar to that of what the automakers are doing now. They too said similar things 20 years ago when they couldn't see the profit potential, until innovators like Elon Musk showed what was possible. Then they couldn't get on the wagon fast enough. I would expect in another 10 years or less the landscape with be significantly different than today.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently, there are very few visionary's working at that company. If they saw a larger profit potential, or wanted to try and create one, they would be innovating similar to that of what the automakers are doing now. They too said similar things 20 years ago when they couldn't see the profit potential, until innovators like Elon Musk showed what was possible. Then they couldn't get on the wagon fast enough. I would expect in another 10 years or less the landscape with be significantly different than today.
Dude, really?

Give it up. Nothing is changing without new technology.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, really?

Give it up. Nothing is changing without new technology.
Dude really? The technology is here and its evolving daily! The only ones trying to thwart it are those that want to hang onto the last drop of 50 year old antiquated technology. Why? Because they will be dead soon and dont really care what kind of legacy they leave behind for the generations that precede them. The auto industry drove the need for oil, and they will now drive the need for EV’s. And as soon as 10 years from now or less, your ICE will be worthless.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Dude really? The technology is here and its evolving daily! The only ones trying to thwart it are those that want to hang onto the last drop of 50 year old antiquated technology. Why? Because they will be dead soon and dont really care what kind of legacy they leave behind for the generations that precede them. The auto industry drove the need for oil, and they will now drive the need for EV’s. And as soon as 10 years from now or less, your ICE will be worthless.
Houndog is right,, we do not have the technology right now to keep up with the demands that are coming. We need a new source of power production, right now Nuclear seems the only thing viable. However it has its own variables that can be catastrophic in comparison.
It will come though, they are close and have been for many years. Its just we cant seem to get over that last hurdle.
One day everything in our homes will be so low voltage that it can be carried by wireless. Except maybe large appliances like washers and refrigerators. The world will be lit up like a Christmas tree. Graphene may take a hold for batteries and propel Solar storage. Maybe even our highways will produce energy by solar or just driving on them. It seems everyone is close from wind to water, but close is still on the on the wrong side of that last hurdle. Then our worry over power will hopefully be gone, but that is not today. We will have a major break through and it will have its own consequences, Im guessing political.

Now with the technology we do have today, it sure seems like they could come up with good tasting food that is healthy all around. We cant make an artificial healthy food taste and feel like a good hamburger? That part I dont get. Anyway, thats my opinion and speculation ;)

Deleted member 1634

Fortunately iron mining doesn't pollute the water sources, unfortunately lithium mining does. Just like your previous post there are lots of articles explaining how detrimental to the environment lithium and cobalt mining is. One just has to look at both sides, not be biased towards one.
Once again, I'm not advocating or arguing for or against either side, just pointing out the flaws in some arguments, like saying lithium mining will essentially be the worst thing we've ever done to the planet.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
That's the problem. EV is not profitable. If it were Tesla would not have needed the $2.4 billion in government subsidies, and the government would need to give incentives to people to buy into EV.
Musk defends receiving $4.9 billion in government support for Tesla, SolarCity and SpaceX — RT USA News

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Houndog is right,, we do not have the technology right now to keep up with the demands that are coming. We need a new source of power production, right now Nuclear seems the only thing viable. However it has its own variables that can be catastrophic in comparison.
It will come though, they are close and have been for many years. Its just we cant seem to get over that last hurdle.
One day everything in our homes will be so low voltage that it can be carried by wireless. Except maybe large appliances like washers and refrigerators. The world will be lit up like a Christmas tree. Graphene may take a hold for batteries and propel Solar storage. Maybe even our highways will produce energy by solar or just driving on them. It seems everyone is close from wind to water, but close is still on the on the wrong side of that last hurdle. Then our worry over power will hopefully be gone, but that is not today. We will have a major break through and it will have its own consequences, Im guessing political.

Now with the technology we do have today, it sure seems like they could come up with good tasting food that is healthy all around. We cant make an artificial healthy food taste and feel like a good hamburger? That part I dont get. Anyway, thats my opinion and speculation ;)
Actually, solar panels that can be used for roads and parking lots exists today. And the really cool thing is they come with LED lights.

Think school parking lot. During the day, the LED would be lit for parking space lines. After school, with a touch of a button, the lines would be basketball courts. Just one example.

But unfortunately with all solar, storage is nowhere near where it is needed to make solar viable.

And again, the grid demand is not a set number. Demand constantly changes. Something wind and solar cannot meet.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
had to google this and this seems really neat, but its millions of years away from going large scale as we can all appreciate.

question though, when they fail, and they will....how will they be recycled? reused? or sent to a landfill???

current road materials are easily churned back into aggregate for other uses.

these i feel will become the windmill blades filling big holes
Think about no salt or plows up north. The solar panels generate heat and melt snow.

No clue if they are recyclable or what.

Another good producer are trash burners. There a few out that that create the steam by burning garbage. Not ideal, but a good use for garbage.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the problem. EV is not profitable. If it were Tesla would not have needed the $2.4 billion in government subsidies, and the government would need to give incentives to people to buy into EV.
Musk defends receiving $4.9 billion in government support for Tesla, SolarCity and SpaceX — RT USA News
Sorry bud, but automakers do not want to make engines & transmissions anymore, because they are not profitable! Too many parts to make vs an EV. Plus warranty costs, and parts support for a min of 10 years for each program. How many times have both the auto industry and oil companies been bailed out or accepted subsidies? Actually the oil companies get govt subsidies everyday, any articles about them defending themselves?

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, oil producers actually get govt subsidies for diminishing resources, meaning they get money because the well will eventually go dry. So they get paid when their gamble goes bust. At least Tesla is getting money for investing in something that will actually evolve and not just be an empty hole in the ground!
Sponsored