First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Well now, I suppose I got in at the right time. An Android powered OS and Google’s sticky ad fingers all over the truck? What could go wrong? Could be my first and last Ford I guess.
Guess we could get the base information center without the large display an avoid it. I bought end of the year an there weren't a lot of selection left getting the big rebate but I went with the XLT mainly for the tinted glass an fog lights lol. I ended up getting the dr an pass door done so guess I could have had the whole truck done.

robotshmobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Guess we could get the base information center without the large display an avoid it. I bought end of the year an there weren't a lot of selection left getting the big rebate but I went with the XLT mainly for the tinted glass an fog lights lol. I ended up getting the dr an pass door done so guess I could have had the whole truck done.
True, but my guess is the system will be base as they’ll replace Ford Sync (BlackBerry QNX) with Android for all head units and it’ll be deeply integrated into the vehicle system. Total speculation though.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Amused at everyone's hesitation at Google in their vehicle. Like Apple, Google, Amazon don't already know everytime you take a dump or hit up the titty bar on the way home from work...

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I unplugged my Amazon Echo.....I'm done with that Alexa b@#$%tch spying on me. She went off on a couple of rants during the holidays and no one every said "Alexa"

On another note....One thing FOR SURE....Ford does need help with their infotainment because it SUCKS! Just wish they were not partnering with the EVIL EMPIRE!

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
So how many of you have any app that is not an apple exclusive app?

you use an iPhone yet have Facebook or Instagram or Pinterest or Amazon, WhatsApp and every other app on your phone means your data is not private. Apple states they don’t save your information but no one knows for sure or not that is why apple also has personalized adds.

just a rants trust me I hate google but don’t love apple so I use any phone brand I feel I will like. But we all can agree we hat Facebook and tiktok lmao

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I was late to the Apple party but I heard Apple keeps your data on the phone an google/android keeps the data on the cloud making it less private. Reality is privacy is a thing of the past anyway.

robotshmobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
So how many of you have any app that is not an apple exclusive app?

you use an iPhone yet have Facebook or Instagram or Pinterest or Amazon, WhatsApp and every other app on your phone means your data is not private. Apple states they don’t save your information but no one knows for sure or not that is why apple also has personalized adds.

just a rants trust me I hate google but don’t love apple so I use any phone brand I feel I will like. But we all can agree we hat Facebook and tiktok lmao
iOS house here, no Facebook, IG or WhatsApp, and de-Googled very recently. Looking into pulling the fuse on the telemetry unit in my new Ranger.

I realize there’s wild variance in people’s acceptance of data sharing and privacy, but to put an ad company’s OS in your car is asking for trouble.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
total speculation anyway at this point..... but I assume it will also accommodate car play, if it did not that would really be shooting themselves in the whatever. any will have to be better than the original Microsoft version that thing was a real turd.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Building it on Android doesn't bother me, but the integration of Google services and their cloud does. Why does my vehicle have to be "connected" anyway without my implicit approval and intent? That's another thing that irritates me as well. Seems like a dumb business move as well as the demographic that can afford new cars (mostly) is growing more and more savvy about privacy and tracking.

This new normal of vehicles "always connected" is making me think my next vehicle should be a restoration.
Sponsored