First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I had a 2018 Tacoma, it was no good at all. The transmission is no good. My Ranger will outrun it easy, My 4 wheel drive got us through the Blizzard we had. My wife's Sentra with it's low stand and scoop bumper was like a snowplow!
Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Phil, do you have this quarters sales figures from your retiree page from Ford. Sept 2021

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
If the Bronco is comparable to a Wrangler and the Ranger is the pickup version of the Bronco, I guess that means that you're buying the Ford equivalent of the Gladiator so you just saved yourself a bunch more!

Thinking of the Ranger as a cheap Bronco with a bed makes it seem like a very good deal, heh. The only thing we are missing is the Bronco design.
I don't think of the Ranger as a cheap Bronco, two entirely different vehicle types. In my case my needs were a decent off road 4X4 that was flat towable (not many) that was less than 5K pounds (again not many), plus I wanted to buy American if possible. The Bronco comes in at a tad over 5K lbs for the one I settled on @ $47K, the Ranger (which I had never looked at as it is my 1st Ford) is 4400 lbs, is decent off road (will be better when the front locker & lift goes on) vehicle, with a ton more storage than the Bronco, yes I am trading rock climbing ability for space, comfort, and $$$$, but I am good with that as I don't do that any longer. I still have the Bronco on order and depending on how long it takes them to clear the backlog, and how happy I am with the Ranger, I may pick it up..... or not. Nice to have options.

Last edited:

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
decent off road (will be better when the front locker & lift goes on) vehicle, with a ton more storage than the Bronco, yes I am trading rock climbing ability for space
Curious where you see the major differences in off-road capability from Bronco to Ranger, and while we're at it including other off-road contenders like Wrangler and Tacoma? Both before and after doing after market work to it.

I've been pretty impressed with what the Ranger can do stock, but honestly I've never owned a mid-size truck before and have driven but not owned jeeps. I do understand there are inherent advantages to having a shorter wheelbase, but otoh IIRC the Bronco is wider.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Curious where you see the major differences in off-road capability from Bronco to Ranger, and while we're at it including other off-road contenders like Wrangler and Tacoma? Both before and after doing after market work to it.

I've been pretty impressed with what the Ranger can do stock, but honestly I've never owned a mid-size truck before and have driven but not owned jeeps. I do understand there are inherent advantages to having a shorter wheelbase, but otoh IIRC the Bronco is wider.
The Ranger is not bad off road, pretty good as an overlander or desert runner, but with no front locker, no 'crawl' mode, no swaybar disconnect, long wheelbase with low approach and departure angles it will never be a off road competitor to the Bronco, which was designed for serious rock crawling. Try taking the Ranger thru Mickey's Bathtub, which a stock Bronco can do, you will be winching it out. I have done the Rubicon many times (live near it) and you don't see many pickups out there, and the ones you do see are heavily modded, I would never attempt it with the Ranger. The Bronco was designed to be a Jeep killer, and so far in all of the off road meets and testing it has done very well, why I ordered one, but at 73 started asking myself if I still needed it.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
The Ranger is not bad off road, pretty good as an overlander or desert runner, but with no front locker, no 'crawl' mode, no swaybar disconnect... and you don't see many pickups out there, and the ones you do see are heavily modded
Yep, gotcha. I'm not going out of my way to look for serious off-road challenges -- I get why people would -- but for me it's mostly about getting to places I want to go and assuming exercise of decent judgement not breaking stuff.

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
Dealers are having trouble getting trucks. My dealer seldom has one. I have a 2019 I drive all over, so people see it. I had one guy ask me about it

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I’m one of them. A comparable F150 was much more expensive, and the Ranger is just the right size for my needs.
Yep, me too. And priced just right!
Sponsored