First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
I love the Explorer ST, nice to see Ranger outselling the Edge, I always thought that was the weakest model Ford sells atm, but that’s just my useless opinion.
Edge should be selling at a higher clip, but when you can get a comparable Audi for same price..... people will choose the Audi.
Sponsored

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Am I the only one that thinks the Jeep Gladiator is ugly?!? I'm convinced people buy it just because it says "Jeep".

I have 3 friends that have Tacoma's and I don't understand the love for them.....doesn't feel "truck like" at all to me and the shift points on the transmission, especially while towing, is horrible!

Ok...I'm done! haha! I guess we all like what we like for our own reasons.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Am I the only one that thinks the Jeep Gladiator is ugly?!? I'm convinced people buy it just because it says "Jeep".

I have 3 friends that have Tacoma's and I don't understand the love for them.....doesn't feel "truck like" at all to me and the shift points on the transmission, especially while towing, is horrible!

Hey PA Pocono neighbor, your truck looks familiar :wink: Like your Gladiator comment! Here's the latest mod I found on the Jeep 5G Forum...

Jeep.jpg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Agree. I would have replaced my 2007 Tacoma with another Tacoma if the 2019 Ranger had not come out.
We traded in a 2017 Taco for our Ranger. Was not happy with it what-so-ever. This Ranger is a keeper!

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX

I'm no Jeep guy, but I will say the Gladiator at least looks like a rugged off road vehicle.

I can't say the same about the Hummer/H2 whatever those GM things were a few years ago.

I'm happy to see the Ranger is doing well. Who knows, maybe it'll be number one in a couple years. I know I love mine.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Looks like the Ranger is on solid footing sales-wise. On track to possibly hit 100K unit sales for the year. Curious as to the percentage of F150 sales that were lost to the Ranger.
I'm one also. Traded my F-150 (a great truck) last year for a Jeep, because the parking areas in my city were getting smaller. It was getting more difficult to move that big thing around. I decided it was time to buy a new truck, and the Ranger was the only viable choice for me. If Ford hadn't given us the Ranger I'd probably be in a Colorado.........perish the thought. :)

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
We test drove a f-150 and same as you guys, didn't appreciate its size while in town.

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
Am I the only one that thinks the Jeep Gladiator is ugly?!?
Nope! I don't care for the look either. They look goofy as hell.

If you want something very specific to pick on, check out the 2nd row doors. They have a cut away as if they're allowing clearance for a wheel, but the wheel is further back under the bed and nowhere near the doors. They're clearly using doors from the shorter wheelbase Wrangler, which is understandable, but now that I've seen it I can't un-see it! Bleh.

HCJ-2020-Jeep-Gladiator-1024x512.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It looks like the Ranger is stealing sales from the GM twins and maybe a bit from the Tacoma.

I looked at the the Colorado and compared it to the Ranger but the Colorado just didn't click with me.

As for the Gladiator, when stock they look all out of proportion.

They look like a huge truck on space-saver spares.

It just doesn't have the right proportions without a lift and bigger tires.

They look much better when modified, though still somewhat ungainly.

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Lift-Kit-Mopar.jpg

And they need more engine.

I read a comparison test where a stock Ranger with 1000lbs of cargo in the bed outran an empty Gladiator.

Last edited:

Hardy12000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX 4x4 (Iconic Silver)

The jeep gladiator is absolutely disgusting...

Its like a mile long.

Lone Ranger

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew, 2019 Ford Flex
Ford may lose some F-150 sales, but if the truth could be recorded, I suspect they gained Ranger Sales more so on Ranger's own merit. When we started looking at pickups, my wife had an allergic reaction to the size and height of the Ford F-150. I would be sleeping in it if I had pursued it. I drove both and concluded the F-150 was too large for our small garage and too large for doing mainly city driving. I can fit the Ranger in my garage and walk in-front of the hood to check the oil, etc. I can change oil of the Ranger in the garage by putting it on ramps and I can load it from the rear for long trips with the garage door closed. It also has a great turning radius for small streets with sharp corners. With the F-150, I could not walk in front of it with the garage door closed. I would have only 6" of room between it and the wall and I don't know if the wheels would have been on-top of the garage step to even fit in the garage. I like the roominess of the F-150 better, but no matter how much I liked it; it was not realistic. The Ranger Lariat with SuperCrew Cab meets our needs. I have hauled crap, concrete, and pulled trailers. It was a wise choice ! (For those that ask if I tired anything else: I rented a Chevy Colorado - hated it. I sat in Toyotas as well - did not like them. )

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
We also rove the Colorado and within the first few miles even though my wife and I were both trying not to influence each other's opinion we were both "nope". It's a perfectly fine truck in many ways and the on-road handling was frankly better than Ranger but everything from the brick like seats with no lateral support to the plasticky interior to the more cramped back seat to the thrashy sounding and thirsty v6 argued against it. We didn't bother with the Tacoma because I knew the space in back wouldn't be what we needed with growing kids.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised the but hurt GM crowd hasn't tried to claim second place by combining Colorado and Canyon sales. :giggle:
Sponsored