First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
After all that has been written, It has all finally ended well for me; it took three months. Ford first denied my replacement claim, but my dealership pressured them into replacing ALL leather seat covers in my truck. The dealership did not perform the work, but sent the truck to an upholstery shop. I had a long conversation with the installer. What I learned is HEAT is vital to remove wrinkles and slop. Example: One of the removed and refurbished seats was sitting on the floor in the sun. There were some visible wrinkles. As we spoke, maybe fifteen minutes time, the wrinkles disappeared. He stated that the fix is permanent, there is no memory in the leather. He also cautioned me on using a heat gun, it could cause damage. On a hot day, maybe 100*, set the truck in the sun with all the windows closed. This may accomplish slop and wrinkle removal. This was my experience, hope it helps.
Sponsored

2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
After all that has been written, It has all finally ended well for me; it took three months. Ford first denied my replacement claim, but my dealership pressured them into replacing ALL leather seat covers in my truck. The dealership did not perform the work, but sent the truck to an upholstery shop. I had a long conversation with the installer. What I learned is HEAT is vital to remove wrinkles and slop. Example: One of the removed and refurbished seats was sitting on the floor in the sun. There were some visible wrinkles. As we spoke, maybe fifteen minutes time, the wrinkles disappeared. He stated that the fix is permanent, there is no memory in the leather. He also cautioned me on using a heat gun, it could cause damage. On a hot day, maybe 100*, set the truck in the sun with all the windows closed. This may accomplish slop and wrinkle removal. This was my experience, hope it helps.
Seriously, so when you turn the heated seat on high the wrinkles should disappear NOT!

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I had the exact same experience ,
Had a tear in my leather replaced and a similar conversation with the owner of the shop about heat/leather sag.
Thank you for your share

OP
OP
Robert Scott

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
Your point on heated seats is well taken. All I can do is quote the upholster. But he did state to me those seats that are cooled (which we are not) have a "honeycomb" construction which can cause sagging.

2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
Your point on heated seats is well taken. All I can do is quote the upholster. But he did state to me those seats that are cooled (which we are not) have a "honeycomb" construction which can cause sagging.
Good luck with your newly covered seats. Keep us posted on how they hold up.
Sponsored