First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
For the seat angle I used a half inch nut for the spacer, much less expensive for the same result. The bolts are plenty long to handle the extra height.
For the driver seat, I used the jackers. On the passenger seat, I used washers to get the height I wanted.
Sponsored

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
For the driver seat, I used the jackers. On the passenger seat, I used washers to get the height I wanted.
Yes $80 for a spacer seemed extreme

OP
OP
TICKLE ZOMBIE

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 2WD Sport
i have manual adjustment seats, no power.

What additional adjustments do the Lariat seats have?

When I was looking I don't remember any differences between XLT power seats and Lariat power seats.

And Yes, the Ranger is a pretty good highway travel companion.

Downright excellent for a truck.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yes...Desert Does It.
The Jackers actually work very well....raises the front for a more comfortable driving position. Feels like a recliner. I used the 3/4 inch height for me. Several on the forum have purchased them. Personally, I wouldn't go back to the stock seat position. Price seems a bit high, but in this case you get what you pay for.
My seats are the power, but they work just as well on manual seats.
Did you try the 3/8 first or go straight with the 3/4’s? I purchased two sets and I am wondering what is the best route without trial and error. I’m 6’3 180lbs ish. The wife’s 5’10 XXXlbs ish ?

OP
OP
TICKLE ZOMBIE

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m debating same myself. The 3/8 shim looks small and maybe I won’t notice, so go straight to 3/4?

I am having my local garage install as I am not mechanically inclined, and have other parts need installed and an oil change is due soon anyway so I’m going to have them do it all.

I don’t want to go back and forth so I’m going to risk it and have do 3/4 from the get go.

Last car I had it had a bottom seat cushion tilt feature and I maxed that puppy out so I reckon the 3/4 will be the way to go.

Did you try the 3/8 first or go straight with the 3/4’s? I purchased two sets and I am wondering what is the best route without trial and error. I’m 6’3 180lbs ish. The wife’s 5’10 XXXlbs ish ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What additional adjustments do the Lariat seats have?

When I was looking I don't remember any differences between XLT power seats and Lariat power seats.

And Yes, the Ranger is a pretty good highway travel companion.

Downright excellent for a truck.
They adjust exactly the same.
I’m debating same myself. The 3/8 shim looks small and maybe I won’t notice, so go straight to 3/4?

I am having my local garage install as I am not mechanically inclined, and have other parts need installed and an oil change is due soon anyway so I’m going to have them do it all.

I don’t want to go back and forth so I’m going to risk it and have do 3/4 from the get go.

Last car I had it had a bottom seat cushion tilt feature and I maxed that puppy out so I reckon the 3/4 will be the way to go.
The Ranger does have a tilt function built into the height adjustment. If you lower the seat all the way it will tilt back slightly.

It's the pump handle on the side.

OP
OP
TICKLE ZOMBIE

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i know of the pump handle but personally do not feel any difference in tilt, I feel more like it’s raising me up and down.

They adjust exactly the same.

The Ranger does have a tilt function built into the height adjustment. If you lower the seat all the way it will tilt back slightly.

It's the pump handle on the side.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
i know of the pump handle but personally do not feel any difference in tilt, I feel more like it’s raising me up and down.
Gotcha. I can feel a tilt in that movement as well. But if it's not enough for you to notice I bet it won't help.

Just didn't want you spending the reported $80 for a spacer if you didn't have to.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Just saw your question....
I went right with the 3/4 inch. I'm 5'10", 185 lbs. This was perfect for me as I like to sit high. The 3/4" raised the front to where it is ideal for me.
Wife is happy with the stock seat and adjustments, so only drivers side got a set.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I went right with the 3/4 inch. I'm 5'10", 185 lbs. This was perfect for me as I like to sit high. The 3/4" raised the front to where it is ideal for me.
Wife is happy with the stock seat and adjustments, so only drivers side got a set.
Thank you

OP
OP
TICKLE ZOMBIE

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m 5’11” and 185 so this confirms the 3/4 will suit me also!

Sponsored