First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
GF and I are in the medical field. She took a travel job in Vermont, roughly 850 miles from her southern Ohio home and another 40 from my place in WV.
I had our dog for a month and drove up to take him back to her.
Long drive for sure.
Averaged 24 to 26 MPG up and back, little towards the 24 on the way home. When I pulled back into my place I was in the high 25's.
2 actual fuel stops on the way up to Vermont, started with a fuel tank. Never let in run past a 1/4 tank. Same on the way home
Did the speed limit, to 5 over

Now the bad part, my knees hurt, after driving long distance in this truck. Familiar pain when I had a Tacoma. I attribute it to the seats being mounted low.

21 Tremor
These trucks are capable of good fuel mileage if people drove with some sense.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
GF and I are in the medical field. She took a travel job in Vermont, roughly 850 miles from her southern Ohio home and another 40 from my place in WV.
I had our dog for a month and drove up to take him back to her.
Long drive for sure.
Averaged 24 to 26 MPG up and back, little towards the 24 on the way home. When I pulled back into my place I was in the high 25's.
2 actual fuel stops on the way up to Vermont, started with a fuel tank. Never let in run past a 1/4 tank. Same on the way home
Did the speed limit, to 5 over

Now the bad part, my knees hurt, after driving long distance in this truck. Familiar pain when I had a Tacoma. I attribute it to the seats being mounted low.

21 Tremor
These trucks are capable of good fuel mileage if people drove with some sense.
Sounds like a great trip except for the knee pain. I averaged roughly the same on our 5,000 mile trip back in June. It's not hard to do and I wasn't babying it at all. Average speeds where 75-80 through most of it and I still ended up with an overall trip average of 23.9. Mine was super comfortable and never had any pain in my back or knees unlike my Tacoma where I'd have a backache just driving to the grocery store. lol

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Yeah knee pain is a common experience for me driving or not. I do have to say on long journeys I get TB (Tired Butt) really bad. Not so much in my Ranger and no real contributory knee pain. I do make use of my ACC a lot on long journeys which helps quite a bit. After a long drive I get out and it probably looks like knee pain but it’s TB.. lol ?
Sponsored