First Ranger, 2022 XLT FX4, Bilstien 5100 Questions

Hightechlofi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 SCAB
Occupation
Construction Consultant
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to the Ranger. I just took delivery of my 2022 XLT FX4. I have to say I love the truck! I have been a full size truck guy for my entire life, but now have a job where I need a truck, but not a full size. This thing is so easy to drive compared to a full-size truck, it drives so much nimbler!

I have made a few upgrades so far: backflip mx4 bed cover, clay barred and went with the 303 graphene nano coating, and the obligatory tailgate dampener.

I ordered Bilstein 5100’s for all four corners from Stage 3 on the July 4th sale, but have some questions. I am going to get them installed by a local suspension shop, but am wondering which setting to have them set to. I have googled and searched this forum for pictures, but can you share pictures of your rides with the settings? I am thinking 1.8”, but am wondering about the 2.5” lift. I really just want to level this out. I will be occasionally towing trailers, but usually just tools/ladders in the bed. What do you think about the ride quality at the different settings? I am worried that 2.5” will be too harsh. I also want to avoid negative rake.

FYI, going to keep the stock tires for their life, then plan to upsize a bit with the next set of shoes.

Also, on a side note: mine is the forged green metallic, it is much darker/grayer than I was expecting based on the stock ford photos.

I am a penny pincher, any other budget mods you would suggest I would love to hear.

Thanks in advance!

0D9081A2-BC28-481D-B041-AEB619928333.jpeg
260E1F84-E4C1-4923-BF8B-6F338AADA365.jpeg
E39B5D6F-AEEC-4E58-B91E-17E888E9034B.jpeg
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mark @9zero1790 is right that 2.5" might be a but high if you're towing with it. I have the Eibach and set them to 2.5" but I don't tow anything or haul anything to heavy. For my use this is the perfect height and the look I wanted. 1.8" should be perfect for you.

IMG_5458.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to the Ranger. I just took delivery of my 2022 XLT FX4. I have to say I love the truck! I have been a full size truck guy for my entire life, but now have a job where I need a truck, but not a full size. This thing is so easy to drive compared to a full-size truck, it drives so much nimbler!

I have made a few upgrades so far: backflip mx4 bed cover, clay barred and went with the 303 graphene nano coating, and the obligatory tailgate dampener.

I ordered Bilstein 5100’s for all four corners from Stage 3 on the July 4th sale, but have some questions. I am going to get them installed by a local suspension shop, but am wondering which setting to have them set to. I have googled and searched this forum for pictures, but can you share pictures of your rides with the settings? I am thinking 1.8”, but am wondering about the 2.5” lift. I really just want to level this out. I will be occasionally towing trailers, but usually just tools/ladders in the bed. What do you think about the ride quality at the different settings? I am worried that 2.5” will be too harsh. I also want to avoid negative rake.

FYI, going to keep the stock tires for their life, then plan to upsize a bit with the next set of shoes.

Also, on a side note: mine is the forged green metallic, it is much darker/grayer than I was expecting based on the stock ford photos.

I am a penny pincher, any other budget mods you would suggest I would love to hear.

Thanks in advance!

0D9081A2-BC28-481D-B041-AEB619928333.jpeg
I replied to your other post in the welcome thread and I see in this thread that you’ll be hauling stuff regularly and towing occasionally. Mark and Dave are right, that 1.8” setting will suit you just fine.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Mark @9zero1790 is right that 2.5" might be a but high if you're towing with it. I have the Eibach and set them to 2.5 but I don't tow anything or haul anything to heavy. For my use this is the perfect height and the look I wanted. 1.8" should be perfect for you.

IMG_5458.jpg
I was scrolling through this thread and, at first, I thought this was @OrangeStreak ’s truck but then I remembered Paul has a sweet looking Scab and, well….duh, like he could ever pull that off. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was scrolling through this thread and, at first, I thought this was @OrangeStreak ’s truck but then I remembered Paul has a sweet looking Scab and, well….duh, like he could ever pull that off. ?
You have to give Paul @OrangeStreak a "little" credit. He found a way to get a picture of his Ranger parked straight. He had his neighbor park it in the garage for him. ? You know as well as I do there's NO way he's giving up that #1 title here for the most crooked parking.?:giggle:

Ladder upgrade.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You have to give Paul @OrangeStreak a "little" credit. He found a way to get a picture of his Ranger parked straight. He had his neighbor park it in the garage for him. ? You know as well as I do there's NO way he's giving up that #1 title here for the most crooked parking.?:giggle:

Ladder upgrade.jpg
You’re right and it’s not limited to his Ranger.

I saw the series of photos that pic is from and there are some with his bike leaning on the tail gate - judging by how his bike is parked in your pic, his neighbour likely set the bike up for those photos too…NO WAY he got the bike and truck straight on his own!

7DFA6233-E9A0-4B6B-A216-720565EFCE57.jpeg

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

Thanks in advance!
penny pincher? Budget mods? Oh yeah, we got you?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Ladder upgrade.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
You’re right and it’s not limited to his Ranger.

I saw the series of photos that pic is from and there are some with his bike leaning on the tail gate - judging by how his bike is parked in your pic, his neighbour likely set the bike up for those photos too…NO WAY he got the bike and truck straight on his own!

7DFA6233-E9A0-4B6B-A216-720565EFCE57.jpeg
The neighbor is Damian...across the street and 3 houses to the left...a parking school instructor... :like: :D :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The neighbor is Damian...across the street and 3 houses to the left...a parking school instructor... :like: :D :LOL:
I take it you haven't started his classes yet? ? ?