Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Remember, it was simply a Demo Truck. It was also by chance
I had already seen some in the wild here in germ…a wildtrak and a xl.
I don't think it looks anywhere near as good in the wild as it does in the brochure… Only the loading area with the step in the bumper turns me on and of course the raptor styled fenders. The front is uglier than a takko.

edith ment: @Raket is right. The heated steering is another point +
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
From what I've seen, you have two options, 10" or 12" screen, both giant ass screens.
2.7 V^ is not available in MY24, MAYBE MY25 or beyond.

The u-joints are on as designed, and Ford isn't the only one that uses offset joints. Will it be better on 6G, who knows as no one has one yet, and dealers and reviewers aren't going to mention DS vibrations even if there is one.

XL starts at $32,565, XLT at $36,005. And there are 2 levels of XLT, standard and XLT High for $995 extra $.
Base XL has SYNC4 10", but also has 8" LCD Dash, same as XLT. Thing to consider is, are the additional options on XLT worth the extra $3440. To me, no. XL will fit my needs: I don't need Co-pilot 360 and the extra gadgets.
XL and XLT have manual AC, auto dual zone climate control available on XLT High and above.
I see heated seats on XLT High and Lariat, but no mention of heated steering on XLT, only on Lariat.

This is the link to build and price on 6G. There is already a disclaimer about 'high demand and supply chain issues."

Ranger® | Build & Price | Shop.ford.com
I am pretty shure they won‘t offer you the 2.7 if you won‘t pay for these gadgets nobody wants…🤓

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I instantly lost interest when I learned the base XL with no options costs $2,000 more than my current E-locker, carpeted equipped STX does.

Well, I already said it before; this is the last ford product I'm going to buy. Quality is dog shit, and it'll just be worse for the 6G.
It's a big difference indeed!

For my bare bones XL compared to as bare bones as I could make it, the '24 would be $6K more. That's a big jump. I suppose you get the bigger screen and more hitech stuff, but for someone like me, that $6K is hard to stomach ...

Not an included damper ... hmmm ... =D

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It is truly funny reading some of these threads!

Here we have people complain about not being able to buy a bare-bones, low tech truck at alower price. The take rate on which would be lower than a manual transmission. The company cannot afford the engineering cost to decontent it, much less the disruption on the line to build it. Besides a lot of the current tech you hate is federally mandated.

Then you have the people who complain that the lower trims don't have some of the fancy tech that the upper trims or bigger models have. Like heated/cooled seats, push button start, proximity unlocking, etc.

Then there are those that complain about everything being in packages, that you can't pick and chose ala-carte the build your truck the way you want it. Can you imagine the confusion and mistakes made on the line if that was the case. Build quality is bad enough now.

That's OK with the strike it's going to be a while before any ordered trucks show up at dealers anyway. By then inflation and union demands will have the price even higher.

I'm glad I bought my 2019 before COVID hit and QC took a dump. Plan to keep it for a while.

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
The screen seems huge. Take a test drive and you realize it’s just fine, all the room is used and it’s not a TV from your living room. It was my thought about the screen until I drove 6G first time.
Heated steering wheel. Test it out yourself. May not be very intensive for some drivers.
But the coffee cup holder at left front is fantastic 😍

Last edited:

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
It's a big difference indeed!

For my bare bones XL compared to as bare bones as I could make it, the '24 would be $6K more. That's a big jump. I suppose you get the bigger screen and more hitech stuff, but for someone like me, that $6K is hard to stomach ...

Not an included damper ... hmmm ... =D
Yeah basically a 2WD no optioned XL 26' model costs like 2g or more than a 2023 4WD XL with lockers... It's so stupid.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It is truly funny reading some of these threads!

Here we have people complain about not being able to buy a bare-bones, low tech truck at alower price. The take rate on which would be lower than a manual transmission. The company cannot afford the engineering cost to decontent it, much less the disruption on the line to build it. Besides a lot of the current tech you hate is federally mandated.

Then you have the people who complain that the lower trims don't have some of the fancy tech that the upper trims or bigger models have. Like heated/cooled seats, push button start, proximity unlocking, etc.

Then there are those that complain about everything being in packages, that you can't pick and chose ala-carte the build your truck the way you want it. Can you imagine the confusion and mistakes made on the line if that was the case. Build quality is bad enough now.

That's OK with the strike it's going to be a while before any ordered trucks show up at dealers anyway. By then inflation and union demands will have the price even higher.

I'm glad I bought my 2019 before COVID hit and QC took a dump. Plan to keep it for a while.
You pretty much nailed it on the head. I do agree that a base truck should be a base truck. I say it's okay to have some tech even in a base model truck nowadays, but not as much tech as they're putting in it today. Also I never quite understood why people want the tech of a high-end vehicle when they don't want to pay for it

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Meh on the 24 g6. Now the RAPTOR💓💓💓 Price it at MSRP and I will take it home tomorrow in any color....

But no dealer is going to do it much less Ford build it anytime soon.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
no, its a legit question.
I used to part of a Racing pigeon forum. When I stopped racing pigeons, I left the forum.
I also didn't renew my Costco card this year, and I haven't gone back. I don't even read the emails they still send. But I bet there are some nice sales on Christmas items already.
I once signed up for a dating site, when I found it was just gold diggers looking to spend my fortune, I left and didn't renew my membership either. Haven't gone back even though there was some nice ladies.
So, yeah, I'm just wondering the motive here.
this is either the most saddest or lamest thing ive ever seen someone type lmao

must have been left on read a lot huh?

you can still be on a forum if you have people you enjoy talking to... i sold my civic si and i still chat on that forum.. im still here mainly because boredom and a few people here are pretty cool.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
The screen seems huge. Take a test drive and you realize it’s just fine, all the room is used and it’s not a TV from your living room. It was my thought about the screen until I drove 6G first time.
Heated steering wheel. Test it out yourself. May not be very intensive for some drivers.
But the coffee cup holder at left front is fantastic 😍
last i looked the us model doesnt get the cupholder you all have! which would suck lol that was my fav thing about the 6th gen haha

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I am pretty shure they won‘t offer you the 2.7 if you won‘t pay for these gadgets nobody wants…🤓
You may be right on that. I see the 2.7 available as option on XLT and up (but not MY24) and N/A on the XL.

I'm just complaining ford did away with the tremor package 😁
Not in MY24, maybe later as there was no Tremor in MY19 either. But it's rumored that they won't bring back the Tremor as it competes with the Raptor.

Another thing I see is that 'destination charges' are at $1,595, that's up $500 from my '21. That may depend on regions. All-in-all, it's another way to squeeze money out of the buyer. Imagine going to a hardware store to buy a new power saw for $200, then they add another $10 for 'destination charges'.

MarioCart

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Employed
this is either the most saddest or lamest thing ive ever seen someone type lmao

must have been left on read a lot huh?

you can still be on a forum if you have people you enjoy talking to... i sold my civic si and i still chat on that forum.. im still here mainly because boredom and a few people here are pretty cool.
In the context of Frenchies comments, re-think what I said to make my point.
Sponsored