Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Don't tease us like that. Got a link?
The leds are from aspect led. 36 leds per foot, had to buy a whole reel. They are wired to the headlight turn signal/ marker light. I bought a 10 pack of water proof connectors from Amazon so I could keep everything separate. The light genie reduces the power 30 percent when the turn signal is on. I originally bought a set of black fender vents but the magnetic metallic diffuses the light better than the gloss black. The vents pop off pretty easy. They can be taken apart with a small flat head screw driver by popping off the melted over plastic tabs on the back of the vent. I had to drill a small hole in the corner of the vent you cant see it once everything is together. Once the leds were installed I soldered a connector to the wires, put the outer cover back on and used a drop of supper glue on each of the tabs. Routed the wiring harness I made over the wheel well liner, tapped the light genie into the turn signal and parking light wires plugged all the connectors together and made sure everything worked.

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The leds are from aspect led. 36 leds per foot, had to buy a whole reel. They are wired to the headlight turn signal/ marker light. I bought a 10 pack of water proof connectors from Amazon so I could keep everything separate. The light genie reduces the power 30 percent when the turn signal is on. I originally bought a set of black fender vents but the magnetic metallic diffuses the light better than the gloss black. The vents pop off pretty easy. They can be taken apart with a small flat head screw driver by popping off the melted over plastic tabs on the back of the vent. I had to drill a small hole in the corner of the vent you cant see it once everything is together. Once the leds were installed I soldered a connector to the wires, put the outer cover back on and used a drop of supper glue on each of the tabs. Routed the wiring harness I made over the wheel well liner, tapped the light genie into the turn signal and parking light wires plugged all the connectors together and made sure everything worked.
Want to sell me some of that reel? Sounds like you might have some extra. This scratches my itch for turn signals in the mirrors and looks dope. I think I have the magnetic gray vents because of the Tremor. I'm running out of projects, this would be perfect!

Zeroedin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Roush Edition
Well, I guess this is the beginning of the slippery slope down the forum-inspired rabbit hole for me. It also illustrates why every enthusiast forum I belong to greets new members with something along the lines of “Turn and run away….or be prepared to empty your wallet faster than you ever imagined!”

In the two plus months I’ve had my Ranger I’ve made quite a few changes. I still have quite a few more planned. But this is one that I never would’ve thought of on my own…..and now I’m pretty sure I can’t live without it.

Lol, so I’m gonna say ”Ugh” and “Thanks” at the same time here. It’s a very cool look and I’m really diggin’ it!

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Thats pretty cool, thanks for using amber and not neon green or pink

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Well, I guess this is the beginning of the slippery slope down the forum-inspired rabbit hole for me. It also illustrates why every enthusiast forum I belong to greets new members with something along the lines of “Turn and run away….or be prepared to empty your wallet faster than you ever imagined!”

In the two plus months I’ve had my Ranger I’ve made quite a few changes. I still have quite a few more planned. But this is one that I never would’ve thought of on my own…..and now I’m pretty sure I can’t live without it.

Lol, so I’m gonna say ”Ugh” and “Thanks” at the same time here. It’s a very cool look and I’m really diggin’ it!
Ive actually kept record of the upgrades ive done haha…. Its not pretty

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ive actually kept record of the upgrades ive done haha…. Its not pretty
Add it to the list with all of ours in this thread. You can join the money pit club. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

This forum (and most others) will do that to you. Heck I didn't realize I needed new tires until I started looking at everyone else's. Next thing I knew I had new ones and mine only had around 800 miles on them. Next came the level kit and from there it never ends. Of course the damper was right up there but I had to wait for it because it wasn't out until late 2019. Talk about stress! ?

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Popped off fender vents and installed some amber led's. Used some light genies found on ebay so they flash with the turn signals.

20211014_045319.jpg

20211014_043513.jpg
WoW!!! Genius!!! I just thought of this myself as I was think of my next project. Did a search and you already have it done. Very cool.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
WoW!!! Genius!!! I just thought of this myself as I was think of my next project. Did a search and you already have it done. Very cool.
I did mine not too long ago and then found that OP beat me to it...can't keep a good idea down...?

IMG_7551.JPG