Factory Speaker Size On a Crew Cab (non B&O)

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I decided I'm going to let the "professionals" handle the installment for all the audio except I made my own box for 2 Kicker 8" L7T's to sit behind the back seat(I have dimensions if needed/interested) I will have to recess the subs. I could have fit bigger subs but I figured since I plan on adding 2 more under each front seat it would be easier with 8" subs.

Besides that I have a question. Will the subs be okay up against the back seat?
Sponsored

DarkRelms

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xl SXT package
I decided I'm going to let the "professionals" handle the installment for all the audio except I made my own box for 2 Kicker 8" L7T's to sit behind the back seat(I have dimensions if needed/interested) I will have to recess the subs. I could have fit bigger subs but I figured since I plan on adding 2 more under each front seat it would be easier with 8" subs.

i have a 10 inch rockford behind the seat with no problems

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
i have a 10 inch rockford behind the seat with no problems
A single 10, 12, and JL's 13.5 would fit no problem but since I wanna add more subs I can fit 8's under the front seats as well. (Would be weird if I had different size subwoofers throughout the cab)

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters

Yes please...

PM me the dimensions so I can install a pair of shallow-mount 8" subs in my crew-cab...

Thanks.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Appreciate the pictures, a speaker upgrade is in the planning.looks like okay soundproofing in the sheet metal. Is there anything dampening the back of the plastic door panels? I'm thinking of adhesive pads.

Also thinking of sound baffles behind the door speakers (XTC makes deep 6.75 inch ones) that should cancel some random noise problems much like batting in subwoofer housings, although maybe with some modification.

Last edited:

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist

Old post but what we're the dimensions of the box you made? How did it fit? What do you think the max width would be behind the back seat (top and bottom between the wall and seat). I am looking at a powered/boxed sub package with dimensions: 24.2" Length x 15.2" Height 5.5" Top Depth x 7.5" Bottom depth. Mainly concerned about the top and bottom depth. It comes with a 10" or 12" subwoofer

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Old post but what we're the dimensions of the box you made? How did it fit? What do you think the max width would be behind the back seat (top and bottom between the wall and seat). I am looking at a powered/boxed sub package with dimensions: 24.2" Length x 15.2" Height 5.5" Top Depth x 7.5" Bottom depth. Mainly concerned about the top and bottom depth. It comes with a 10" or 12" subwoofer
15.5" tall x 3" depth on top 5.25" depth on the bottom x 24" wide, could go wider but would involve a lot more cutting/routing, this measurement is without carpeting, once you put carpet/felt it will not fit so I'd recommend you either sand it down a whole lot or maybe go 0.25" smaller on all dimensions except width. Also cut section to allow box to sit over/around jack bracket. Once you have box sitting in place make sure to place sub mounting hole directly between the seat supports because it's so snug that it will hit if not placed properly. I had to shave the inside back of the box to fit he sub. It's a long ordeal to explain over text, but self explanatory once you get started these are just some things I missed as I made this box.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
19-21 Ranger Kicker KS Drop-In Plug-and-Play Door Speaker Package (stage3motorsports.com)

I wonder if this would be an easy drop in upgrade for us dummies for audio. coming from the f150 b&o to the xlt ranger its pretty dissapointing haha.
With the right tools so no broken clips sure. Only take about 10 min per door. Only issue is these are 100w RMS speakers and I do not think the non B&O system pushes anywhere near that much per channel.

You can also look at Crutchfield. They give you all the required mounting hardware for free and have a very large selection of speakers available at better prices too.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Those are coaxials all around, not a good idea. For the front doors a component set is preferred. For the rear doors, I actually prefer mid-basses only, cut below 3k Hz, unless a component set is possible, yet those should have tweeters facing the rear passengers and trimmed in volume.

Tweeters should be mounted as close as possible at ear level, not down at the ankles. The soundstage always should be in the front, like when you listen to an orchestra playing.

MDFs rings are not that hard to make and they are better always than plastic housings.
Sponsored