B&O Replacement Speaker sizes?

justspeed7

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Does anybody know what size the B&O speakers are? Wanting to replace them all but there is no info online regarding sizes just need the door speaker sizes.
Sponsored

Rangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I dont have the B&O system but I suspect the doors and speaker holes are the same. I had 5-1/4 polkDB components profesionally installed but the shop told me 6-1/2s would have easily fit as well (with the necessary adapter rings for any size). I may upgrade in the future but im good on bass for now since I also had a 10" subwoofer installed

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I dont have the B&O system but I suspect the doors and speaker holes are the same. I had 5-1/4 polkDB components profesionally installed but the shop told me 6-1/2s would have easily fit as well (with the necessary adapter rings for any size). I may upgrade in the future but im good on bass for now since I also had a 10" subwoofer installed
Do you mind sharing any photos you have on the subwoofer? I was just at a shop. The guy recommended a down-firing 8" on the hump behind the console.

Rangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
IMG_20190427_090952.jpg

IMG_20190427_090921.jpg

I specifically picked the above parts for the limited space. Pioneer made the thinnest prefab box and shallowest 10in subwoofer i could find. Still, a bit of carpeting that protruded behind the subbox needed to be cut out (where the cabin pressure relief is).

Shops wanted me to get one of those powered 8in sub kits that Alpine or Kicker make for under the seat, but I knew I would end up wanting more later, so I made the effort to get this 300w 10in put in instead. It keeps up nicely with my 100w components up front.

Note: My install required an LCi2 to restore bass that the sync3 stereo removes at higher volumes. Dont know if the B&O setup does the same.

TigerWoodsG5

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20190427_090952.jpg

IMG_20190427_090921.jpg

I specifically picked the above parts for the limited space. Pioneer made the thinnest prefab box and shallowest 10in subwoofer i could find. Still, a bit of carpeting that protruded behind the subbox needed to be cut out (where the cabin pressure relief is).

Shops wanted me to get one of those powered 8in sub kits that Alpine or Kicker make for under the seat, but I knew I would end up wanting more later, so I made the effort to get this 300w 10in put in instead. It keeps up nicely with my 100w components up front.

Note: My install required an LCi2 to restore bass that the sync3 stereo removes at higher volumes. Dont know if the B&O setup does the same.
What is this under neath?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

Rangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Yeah this is all behind the back seat. Note that the subwoofer sticks into the seat a bit and has left a mark, so I suggest adding some form of grill or spacer to keep the subwoofer surround from rubbing against the back seat (it can wear the rubber out). That is next on my to-do list.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Does anybody know what size the B&O speakers are? Wanting to replace them all but there is no info online regarding sizes just need the door speaker sizes.
I used Morel 6.5 coaxials in the back and Morel 6.5 component speakers in the front that included 1.25 tweeters. The tweeters required a little modification to the tweeter location panel but the 6.5s all fit perfectly with the 6.5 adapters Crutchfield sells. I also used sound deadening in the doors that helped eliminate vibration. The Morels have well balanced highs, mids and bass that seem to work well with the original B&O tuned system. My total cost was about $500 and I'm happy with the results.

I kept the original subwoofer because, overall, the bass improved a lot with the Morel 6.5 woofers in the doors. I don't like overdone bass that vibrates the world. I recommend you do the doors first because you may be surprised; I was.
Sponsored