Evaluate this deal

slambang6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cheerokee
Hello guys and gals! New to the forum and have narrowed down a new truck person to my last two choices. I am looking for a smaller 4wd that will be a rolling mall crawler project that might see light trail duty. I like the features of the truck I received a quote on, but this dealer might is asking this price that I think is too high. In today's climate, what would be a reasonable offer for this truck? I am also confused at what the current rebates are. I do not want the drop in bed liner, and I think his 800.00 documentation and 130.00 in other fees are pure delusion on his part. I am in Charlotte, NC. I do not need financing.
Sponsored

Attachments

cclayton

First Name
Collin Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Steep in my opinion. My super crew xlt FX4 was $32,300 out the door.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Doc fees are basically a ripoff. Just a way of charging you more and making it look legit. Many dealers charge zero doc fees and still give just as good a discount. If the drop-in is already installed, just tell them to pull it. They can install in another truck.

OP
OP

slambang6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cheerokee
Was that a 2019 or 2020?

OP
OP

slambang6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cheerokee
Never mind. I see!

OP
OP

slambang6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cheerokee
The dealers I talk to are absolutely delusional. For instance, this 2019:
They are not budging off the sticker!

download.jpg

Attachments

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
Some points from my perspective:

- Not financing the truck hurts your negotiating power, not improves it. Captive finance is where the dealership makes their new-car-sales money, not on your purchase.

- As it's for a business, why on earth wouldn't you finance it to aid in depreciation and the interest write-off? Your business is purchasing the vehicle in the first place, you should leverage that.

- You are doing some things in this deal which are causing your overall vehicle cost to increase, not decrease (notice I didn't say "MSRP" or "out the door price"). The documentation fees seem to be the only profit the dealership will make and if you aren't interested in them then they aren't interested in losing money on a sale just to move some metal, irrespective of "the times". They're also getting floorplan assistance from Ford Credit right now, so there is less incentive to sell a cash-buyer a car than ever before.

- betting only the salesman is wanting this deal to happen from their perspective.

OP
OP

slambang6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cheerokee
I think you are mistaken. I have not told any dealer that I would not finance. I said in my original post that I did not need financing. I stated this because it was quite clear that some buyers could get the low rate or the rebates. They were not getting both. I don't need a truck right now. I would buy if I got a good deal, or I could wait for the Bronco. I am more than willing to sit on the sidelines. I am 1900.00 apart on a deal for a demo 2020 Z-71 but I really have always been a Ford guy at heart.

rr

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are mistaken. I have not told any dealer that I would not finance. I said in my original post that I did not need financing. I stated this because it was quite clear that some buyers could get the low rate or the rebates. They were not getting both. I don't need a truck right now. I would buy if I got a good deal, or I could wait for the Bronco. I am more than willing to sit on the sidelines. I am 1900.00 apart on a deal for a demo 2020 Z-71 but I really have always been a Ford guy at heart.

rr
So there are possibly some options available to a buyer. If you have a friend or family member that works for Ford you can get the Friends/Family discount. If your employer has a deal where you can get a discount is another option. If you have 100 shares of Ford stock, you can get an investors discount.

With that said, if the dealer is not making you a happy Ford owner, go to another dealer. Do not waste your time on a dealer that is not willing to deal.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hello guys and gals! New to the forum and have narrowed down a new truck person to my last two choices. I am looking for a smaller 4wd that will be a rolling mall crawler project that might see light trail duty. I like the features of the truck I received a quote on, but this dealer might is asking this price that I think is too high. In today's climate, what would be a reasonable offer for this truck? I am also confused at what the current rebates are. I do not want the drop in bed liner, and I think his 800.00 documentation and 130.00 in other fees are pure delusion on his part. I am in Charlotte, NC. I do not need financing.
Just wondering if that's supposed to be the destination fee not the doc fee. Maybe they screwed up. Good luck either way!

OP
OP

slambang6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cheerokee
I think DOC fee. I saw Magnetic for the first time last Sunday. Breathtaking!

Deltasix109

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Check out Hilbish ford. It's a bit outside Charlotte, it's were I got mine. I got a killer deal, granted it was during the height of lockdown. They were good though, and getting farther from the city gets cheaper.

Let me know when you get yours, it will be good to know another Charlottean with one!
Sponsored