First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Since your looking for opinions, I'll give you my honest one. Ford dealers sometime ago coluded and don't want to give anyone a good deal on the Rangers. I hope they get FKed by their strategy and I'm seeing alot of '19s out there where they cannot sell as new once the '21s come out., i hope they get FKed on them. Outside of that, i was able to squeez like 1500 out of one dealer on a factory order, no flooring cost for him. That order i cancelled and i Flew from the bay area to LA to buy close to what i ordered ( no carpet or slider- but FX2 pkg and tow) and got 1000 off, and i push and have bought many new cars. Only reason i bought it was that I got 4250 in rebates plus the 1K. Fk these dealers on these Rangers. It's a great Truck, problem. The dealer is basically giving you 800 off MSRP, the Doc fees are BS, I saw those allot in the midwest and east coast when i was internet shopping. Bottom line the rebates are gone. If you can wait 6 mos maybe pricing will return to normal, and you can deal, but right now your probably 3000-3500 out from the best deal you could get in normal times. Again, I hope these dealer get FKed on the Rangers they are holding :curse:. your money, but i don't think you can push much of a deal out of them right now.
Sponsored

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Check out Hilbish ford. It's a bit outside Charlotte, it's were I got mine. I got a killer deal, granted it was during the height of lockdown. They were good though, and getting farther from the city gets cheaper.

Let me know when you get yours, it will be good to know another Charlottean with one!
I'm in Charlotte...lol.
screenshot 2.png

OP
OP

slambang6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cheerokee
You are really close to me. I am off Albemarle Road toward Mint Hill. That could have been the Magnetic one I looked at. I can't get a sniff from these dealers. No or limited follow through. I am not buying unless it is a smoking good deal. This purchase is 100% want rather than need.

rr

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
You are really close to me. I am off Albemarle Road toward Mint Hill. That could have been the Magnetic one I looked at. I can't get a sniff from these dealers. No or limited follow through. I am not buying unless it is a smoking good deal. This purchase is 100% want rather than need.

rr
LOL...that's crazy! I live just down the street. I have a magnetic Ranger, but it's a 2019. I ordered it last April and just received it in September. We visited 3 or 4 Ford dealerships. It wasn't an easy deal at any of them. We agreed to the best deal we could get. Because we ordered the truck, I'm sure we didn't save any money. We do like the truck. Very nice to haul light loads, plus the bulldog gets the back seat.
thumbnail.jpg

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Since your looking for opinions, I'll give you my honest one. Ford dealers sometime ago coluded and don't want to give anyone a good deal on the Rangers. I hope they get FKed by their strategy and I'm seeing alot of '19s out there where they cannot sell as new once the '21s come out., i hope they get FKed on them. Outside of that, i was able to squeez like 1500 out of one dealer on a factory order, no flooring cost for him. That order i cancelled and i Flew from the bay area to LA to buy close to what i ordered ( no carpet or slider- but FX2 pkg and tow) and got 1000 off, and i push and have bought many new cars. Only reason i bought it was that I got 4250 in rebates plus the 1K. Fk these dealers on these Rangers. It's a great Truck, problem. The dealer is basically giving you 800 off MSRP, the Doc fees are BS, I saw those allot in the midwest and east coast when i was internet shopping. Bottom line the rebates are gone. If you can wait 6 mos maybe pricing will return to normal, and you can deal, but right now your probably 3000-3500 out from the best deal you could get in normal times. Again, I hope these dealer get FKed on the Rangers they are holding :curse:. your money, but i don't think you can push much of a deal out of them right now.
Excellent post, and I'm seeing the FK-ing begin. I've been doing Autotrader searches for the past two months, and I believe in the past ~10 days I'm seeing a dramatic price drop on the '19s. The premium attached to the Lariats seems to be especially impacted as these models are dropping as low, if not lower than XLT models. For example a nationwide search for a 501a FX4 Supercrew returns 56 trucks under $38k, with some selling as low as $33k.

The other thing I've noticed is that some dealers have lower prices listed on their website than on Autotrader. I haven't looked at other websites such as cars. com yet.

My .02 is that this truck was way overpriced to begin with. When it was first released I wanted to purchase, but the price was so close to the F-150 that it just wasn't worth it. Ford is having to eat it and drop the price to a more realistic level. In 2008 I purchased a moderately equipped XLT Supercab 4x4 for $26k. Now the same truck is selling for mid-30s. I was considering purchasing another XLT, but now you can find a loaded Lariat for almost the same price.

I have considered ordering a truck through the Military Auto Source program. The main benefit is being able to customize your configuration. The price is close to invoice but still, you're paying for a brand brand new truck straight from the factory. If you're willing to purchase a truck that has been sitting on the lot for close to two years, and the fly and buy thing, you can save thousands. The other thing I've noticed is that not all dealers will post their lowest price on the shopping websites. There is no replacement for doing the leg work to negotiate with a salesperson.

In general, I've not been a fan of purchasing the first production year of any vehicle, but since this Ranger is based on the global platform that has been in prod for years, I think most of the kinks have been worked out.

In conclusion, when shopping there is no replacement for getting offers from several dealers. Treat it like a govt. agency putting a job out for bid, and make them compete. Fly to someplace new and make a vacation road trip out of it.

OP
OP

slambang6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cheerokee
I agree 100% When I bought my 2004 Mustang Gt it stickered for 25 and change. I got out the door with a 2k down payment for 19.8k. A plain Mustang today with any decent options can approach or exceed 50k. In fact building a F-150, Mustang or Ranger and trying to stay under 40K is a challenge. I am going to push off a purchase until decent rebates return or I may buy used if the right deal comes along. I am really thinking about waiting for the new Bronco, but that may be a stretch because I see now the dog and pony show will begin anew.

rr
Sponsored