Entering Ranger 5G land

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Well tomorrow we make landfall in Hawaii after traversing the Pacific from Sydney. After this we will wander up the coast to Alaska come back fora couple of days in LA before flying home. Look forward to some great photo opportunities so far New Zealand and Tahiti have been great. And typing on a tablet is shit!
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Well tomorrow we make landfall in Hawaii after traversing the Pacific from Sydney. After this we will wander up the coast to Alaska come back fora couple of days in LA before flying home. Look forward to some great photo opportunities so far New Zealand and Tahiti have been great. And typing on a tablet is shit!
sounds like an awesome adventure. get lots of pictures for us. I hope you got lots of bikini girls for me in tahiti

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
OP
OP

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Well peeps, I'm back in Aus and mostly had a great time. Just came home from the 14 hour flight from LA this morning. Good to be home after 7 weeks - cat missed me - children indifferent. The trip across the Pacific was mostly uneventful and the ocean largely lived up to it's name - actually no wind and glass smooth in places - Captain Cook's crew would have hated it!

Noted Alaska WAS cold and there was snow (on the ground - didn't actually snow whilst we were there)
We took the old gold railway up from Skagway over the mountains into Canada - absolutely beautiful. Had one of the best crab meals ever in Ketchikan, and hiked over to the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau. An emergency root canal in Hawaii confirmed my suspicions about the American medical system. Let's just say my mouth hurt, but my wallet hurt more. Hopefully I'll get some of it back on travel insurance. I had never been to the big island in Hawaii before - loved Kona. Never been to Victoria or Vancouver either before and loved both. A tour of craft breweries in Victoria went down well - particularly as my wife doesn't particularly like beer - so sad I was forced drink to most of hers too.
Made a few new American friends on route as well, a particularly nice couple from Colorado, and a Texan who amused me the whole time, particularly after a few drinks. He didn't believe me about a certain brand of Australian rum which bites back! Does now!!
Anyway will post a few pics after I've done my coming home chores.

PS
Also saw a few Rangers, but no where near as many as over here, also some new Bronco's - I really hope they decide to build a RHD version of these. I loved my Bronco when I owned it. And of all thinks I actually saw a Rivian in Juneau!
Sponsored

Last edited: