John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Coming home we saw several hundred Corvettes on I90 near the Black Hills that were clearly heading to a rally somewhere nearby. My kid, who got to do some driving along the route and is now a Ranger fan, suggested a Ranger Rally.

Would anyone be interested in planning a meet up next year? Some overlanding/site seeing/camping somewhere cool? Likely western state somewhere?
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
When I had my 2009 Ranger, I was on some forums that were geared toward the older Rangers. They did have a "get togather" out west, but it was usually for going off road for the 4 x 4's.
Most 2 wd owners were not into off road so the meets usually consisted of a dozen or so members.
As a 2 wd owner I would love to find an all encompassing meet where "off roading" was not the primary reason for a meet.

OP
OP
halligan1201

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my 2009 Ranger, I was on some forums that were geared toward the older Rangers. They did have a "get togather" out west, but it was usually for going off road for the 4 x 4's.
Most 2 wd owners were not into off road so the meets usually consisted of a dozen or so members.
As a 2 wd owner I would love to find an all encompassing meet where "off roading" was not the primary reason for a meet.
Agreed. I think a location where some site seeing type roads - scenic byways were available, along with some rougher stuff, would be good. Also somewhere where we could accommodate the trailer crowd, the hotel/motel folks, those that want to overland, and those that would like to group camp would be good. I think there's plenty of options out west to accomplish it.

OP
OP
halligan1201

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Too far from Florida ..
What would be a reasonable distance/destination from the eastern states? Or a location out that way? Maybe we would be better having an east rally and west rally?

OP
OP
halligan1201

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
On the off-roading orientation, truth be told, 80% of all off roading fun can be accomplished with a 2WD. I mean, if you want to go whole hog on a 2WD, get some K02's and it goes to 90%. :)
Agreed, especially with some other trucks with to help get you over or through the tough stuff.

OP
OP
halligan1201

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Off road round up, badlands off road park, Attica Indiana, Google.
This looks like a good weekend meetup for us flatlanders for sure!