Dual exhaust

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Are these aftermarket exhausts easy to DIY, and do they have any impact on Ford's warranty?
Sponsored

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
It'll never sound like a Ram truck. Those guys got the sound market cornered with those Hemi's.
F150 EcoBoost + Borla Atak is straight up the sexiest sound I've ever heard come off a truck. The Coyote sounds amazing with it too though.

But it's all subjective obviously.

OP
OP

bulldogger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Personally my desire is to hide the exhaust. not looking for louder or trying to change the note.
If Ford had run the single pipe up under the bed to a simple turn down tip I wouldn't even be looking, but instead they hung the biggest stupid silver pipe they could right behind the tire. looks like an after thought.

I am not a fan of the huge tips or flared ends that come with this system, but I like the easy install, and also the symmetry of two tail pipes. but I will be trying to find a way to have the ends just plain small pipe.

wait until y'all see the big ass wing I am installing next.
Exactly with what we pay for the trucks the exhaust shouldn't look like it came out of a salvage yard. A nicely angled exhaust with a chrome tip would have even sufficed.

OP
OP

bulldogger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Are these aftermarket exhausts easy to DIY, and do they have any impact on Ford's warranty?
It is fairly easy biggest complaint was the band clamps they supplied were a little bit of a pain in the ass to get on the pipes. My dealer stated no issues with the exhaust and no issues with the leveling kit either as they have installed both at their dealership.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Personally my desire is to hide the exhaust. not looking for louder or trying to change the note.
If Ford had run the single pipe up under the bed to a simple turn down tip I wouldn't even be looking, but instead they hung the biggest stupid silver pipe they could right behind the tire. looks like an after thought.

I am not a fan of the huge tips or flared ends that come with this system, but I like the easy install, and also the symmetry of two tail pipes. but I will be trying to find a way to have the ends just plain small pipe.

wait until y'all see the big ass wing I am installing next.
The exhaust tip needs to be located such that it's in the wind stream while the truck is moving. See all the black soot on the exhaust tip on your truck? If you bury that tip back under the bed you'll end up with soot all over the undercarriage.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I think I would be happy with the single pipe coming straight back and down.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I trimmed the aft face of mine a bit to create a suction effect when driving. I'm sure this adds 2 or 3 mpg and increases hp :like:. I then painted it black with some high temp paint.
Problem solved.

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
Exactly with what we pay for the trucks the exhaust shouldn't look like it came out of a salvage yard. A nicely angled exhaust with a chrome tip would have even sufficed.
This is how I did mine. It'll never sound like a V8 of course, but it's decent and I get a lot of compliments on the visual.
RANGER TIPS.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
This is how I did mine. It'll never sound like a V8 of course, but it's decent and I get a lot of compliments on the visual.
RANGER TIPS.jpg
Cool.. Got that old school Pontiac Trans Am vibe going.

How's it look from the back? Curious how the two tips merge and if it's visible.

robusta

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4
can that system be installed without the chrome tips? are the pipes long enough without them?
I prefer to have just plain steel pipe ends
IMG_20210304_182126.jpg

I got the MBRP duals in black. They can slide in or out to desired length. You can remove the tips so that its just the pipes, mine are black.

robusta

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4
That's the same setup I put on mine. I love the look and the sound. Maybe it's a Retired Florida David thing.?
IMG_0360 copy.jpg
IMG_0359 copy.jpeg
I like the angle that yours are at. Mine kind of angle downward.

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
Cool.. Got that old school Pontiac Trans Am vibe going.

How's it look from the back? Curious how the two tips merge and if it's visible.
Had the system custom fabricated at my local shop. Used them for years. Has a nice growl without (hopefully) sounding too ricey.
ranger tips a.jpg
ranger tips d.jpg
ranger tips c.jpg
ranger tips b.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Had the system custom fabricated at my local shop. Used them for years. Has a nice growl without (hopefully) sounding too ricey.
ranger tips a.jpg
ranger tips d.jpg
ranger tips c.jpg
ranger tips b.jpg
Nice! Everything lines up nicely. I like that rear dif cover too.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Does each exhaust tip need a DAMPER? ?
Sponsored