YouknowwhatImean

First Name
Zack Mayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XLT Ranger; '17 6spd WRX
Hi,
So we plan on switching from her/his driver. She's 5'2, I'm 6'. She likes it jacked all the way up; i like it jacked all the way down. The back and forth jacking up or down is getting tiresome. We opted for the manual seats cause it's actually quicker to adjust.

Any way to adjust the movement up/down to have more travel? That is, instead of 10 strokes to get it all the way down i'd like to see it reduced to 5 or the like. I assume it's just a ratcheting mechanism.
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Get a cushion for her. LOL

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Here is what I'm confused on... I thought it was either 4-way manual adjustable (back and forth, recline backward and lean forward) and 8-way electrically adjustable (back and forth, recline, height, lumbar?). OP is saying there is a 8-way manual?

Last edited:

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
The manual seats have a height up/down adjustment along with tilt , forward/back and lumbar.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The manual seats have a height up/down adjustment along with tilt , forward/back and lumbar.
Where did you find that information? That quite possibly would have changed the way I ordered my truck.

Edit: You would obviously know since you have one with manual adjustment, I think, but I don't see anywhere about 8-way adjustable manual seats and if yours does all of that and counts as 4-way, what is 8-way?

Last edited:

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you find that information? That quite possibly would have changed the way I ordered my truck.

Edit: You would obviously know since you have one with manual adjustment, I think, but I don't see anywhere about 8-way adjustable manual seats and if yours does all of that and counts as 4-way, what is 8-way?
It's a good question. Probably a 'marketing' technique.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
I have the manual seats and the driver side does have all the movements mentioned above. Front/back, up/down, tilt, and lumbar (which I have not yet tried).

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Get a cushion for her. LOL
My STX has manual adjusted seats...
Height
on both seats,
recline on both seats ,
front to back
on both seats and
Lumbar
on driver's seat only.

From the Ford info I found a contradiction on the passenger Lumbar.
I was expecting it, but my wife won't miss it, so I don't care.
The truck is too tall for comfortable access or egress so I keep the seat low so I can reach the ground with minimal stress on the seat bolsters. Over all, this truck has excellent ergonomics and visibility:like::clap::inlove:

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good info everyone....So....what is the difference between your supposedly 4-way manual adjustable seats and the Lariat 8-way electrically adjustable seats?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good info everyone....So....what is the difference between your supposedly 4-way manual adjustable seats and the Lariat 8-way electrically adjustable seats?
Power and push button convenience, especially the Lumbar. It is a bit tedious using the manual knob.

The height adjustment is also more difficult with the manual. With power the seat can also tilt by adjusting up/down on the front of the seat and up /down on the back of the seat bottom... Advantage Power.

The manual has a clear advantage for front to back and recline mostly due to being quicker while still being easy. Advantage Manual.

Last edited:

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power and push button convenience, especially the Lumbar. It is a bit tedious using the manual knob.

The height adjustment is also more difficult with the manual. With power the seat can also tilt by adjusting up/down on the front of the seat and up /down on the back of the seat bottom... Advantage Power.

The manual has a clear advantage for front to back and recline mostly due to being quicker while still being easy. Advantage Manual.

Ya, I saw that one, I couldn't find one for (right) manual adjustment until now:

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/seats/manual-passenger-seat-adjustment.html

I think @DBRanger had it right. Marketing speak. I'm not seeing the difference other than tilt. They all move forward and backwards, up and down, seat back forward and backward and lumbar support (at least for driver). I'm curious, does both seats move up and down?

Anyway, I would have been happier with manual for reliability/longevity and speed. Actually, my wife is short and I am tall yet we both like the seat up. For her, it is about visibility, for me, it is about taking the pressure off my back. If I wanted to sit low on the ground, I would have bought a Tacoma. Right now, in our Rogue, the seat is all the way up and the only thing we adjust with our manual controls is back and forth. Zzzzzip..all the way to the back. Love it.

Definitely something to consider if I end up doing it again later down the road.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya, I saw that one, I couldn't find one for manual until now:

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/seats/manual-passenger-seat-adjustment.html

I think @DBRanger had it right. Marketing speak. I'm not seeing the difference other than tilt. They all move forward and backwards, up and down, seat back forward and backward and lumbar support (at least for driver). I'm curious, does both seats move up and down?

Anyway, I would have been happier with manual for reliability/longevity and speed. Actually, my wife is short and I am tall yet we both like the seat up. For her, it is about visibility, for me, it is about taking the pressure off my back. If I wanted to sit low on the ground, I would have bought a Tacoma. Right now, in our Rogue, the seat is all the way up and the only thing we adjust with our manual controls is back and forth. Zzzzzip..all the way to the back. Love it.

Definitely something to consider if I end up doing it again later down the road.
Both seats do move up and down.

Fordstanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1969 ProStreet Mustang, 94 Lightning, 2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Any way to adjust the movement up/down to have more travel? That is, instead of 10 strokes to get it all the way down i'd like to see it reduced to 5 or the like. I assume it's just a ratcheting mechanism.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY same problem! I did not want the Leather and Lariott package. Mostly because I opted for the stone color seats. Now it takes a mile or two after she drives to get it back.

BTW, if you take the running boards off, she may not want to drive it as much, trust me, it works!

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
I have the 2019 ranger XL. Does it have lumbar and I have not just found it. Thanks