Door Sill Protector

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Try a really stiff scrub brush on them, like you would use to clean grime out from under your fingernails, that's what I use.

Does your power washer have heat? A body shop steam cleaned a set of WeatherTech floor mats I had and the heat ruined them.
I only used the car wash once but I assume that it was at least warm but never really checked - I usually use a brush. I could have been exacerbated by all the salt on our streets and roads in the winter.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I only used the car wash once but I assume that it was at least warm but never really checked - I usually use a brush. I could have been exacerbated by all the salt on our streets and roads in the winter.
I just finished washing my truck... and took a couple photo's of the WeatherTech liners before and after.

The surface finish is anti-skid... so dirt does like to cling to it. But if you wash them twice and scrub the snot out of them both times they clean up pretty good.

I'm sure some armor all or some other topical stuff would probably make them look better... but I'm not a fan of any of that stuff on a surface that my boots will be on... 'cause that stuff can be slippery as ice with some water added.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

Deltasix109

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I got these for door sill protectors. From bushwacker. I wanted something a little more than a sticker, but also from the factory that'll fit my truck. It also has the bonus of some exterior protection.

64448.jpeg

64450.jpeg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I got these for door sill protectors. From bushwacker. I wanted something a little more than a sticker, but also from the factory that'll fit my truck. It also has the bonus of some exterior protection.

64448.jpeg

64450.jpeg
How do they attached to the truck?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I've seen where people have purchased the Ranger logo'd door sill protectors (I think that's what they are called). I also think I saw where some people had mad some of their own. Any other types out there that you would recommend??? Want something that actually covers the area where you put your feet getting into the truck. I have the Super crew Lariat
Not wanting one of the 147 different variants of similar carbon fiber sill protector film I finally found one with a plain black textured finish. Got a couple rolls of the XPEL Universal Sill Protector and am very pleased with it. One roll would probably have been plenty, but I cut the fronts a tad too long and would have left the rears rather short by comparison. It's fairly forgiving stuff to work with and smooths out easily without the need for applicator tools. I was able to pull the film back off cleanly to reposition it after messing up the first time. The roll of material is 2.75" wide and 60" long. It's just wide enough to fold over the edge and still reach the weather stripping. So if you want it this length be sure to buy two rolls so you'll have enough to do the rears as well.

Door Sill.jpg

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not wanting one of the 147 different variants of similar carbon fiber sill protector film I finally found one with a plain black textured finish. Got a couple rolls of the XPEL Universal Sill Protector and am very pleased with it. One roll would probably have been plenty, but I cut the fronts a tad too long and would have left the rears rather short by comparison. It's fairly forgiving stuff to work with and smooths out easily without the need for applicator tools. I was able to pull the film back off cleanly to reposition it after messing up the first time. The roll of material is 2.75" wide and 60" long. It's just wide enough to fold over the edge and still reach the weather stripping. So if you want it this length be sure to buy two rolls so you'll have enough to do the rears as well.

Door Sill.jpg
How do they attached to the truck?

64448.jpeg

64450.jpeg
saw those and may still get them mainly for the exterior protection

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Hey Deltasix109, I like the look of those Bushwacker guards, seems like they will help protect the full length of the sill as well. Are you at all concerned about water and debris getting stuck between it and the truck body, is the fit tight to the truck?

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking for something that was made for my truck. It is an expensive vehicle, and I want to protect as much as possible. So I tend to look to the Ford Accessory page for items and then look to Amazon. Here is what I found from Ford:

https://accessories.ford.com/plate-door-scuff-12380.html

It is a bit expensive so I looked to Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QB8R8QW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Ford Price $249.00
Amazon Price $181.16 + 10% coupon at checkout

And for me, these are made to fit my truck.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am looking for something that was made for my truck. It is an expensive vehicle, and I want to protect as much as possible. So I tend to look to the Ford Accessory page for items and then look to Amazon. Here is what I found from Ford:

https://accessories.ford.com/plate-door-scuff-12380.html

It is a bit expensive so I looked to Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QB8R8QW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Ford Price $249.00
Amazon Price $181.16 + 10% coupon at checkout

And for me, these are made to fit my truck.
I like those and searched extensively for that or something like that but settled for something temporary - saving my money for the ProCal tune kit. :)

Deltasix109

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Hey Deltasix109, I like the look of those Bushwacker guards, seems like they will help protect the full length of the sill as well. Are you at all concerned about water and debris getting stuck between it and the truck body, is the fit tight to the truck?
The fit is very tight. As long as you thoroughly clean the truck off before application you should be good. I washed the truck with soap and water dried it and then clean it with alcohol wipes before applying them. It's 3M automotive tape, but there are between 6 and 7 strips per protector, and as long as you're pressing them on, you should be good. The instructions are very detailed as to how to apply them, I believe following them closely allows for the tightest to fit.

So far, so good.

Last edited:

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to try something different. I got some 3M anti slip step tape. 4in x15ft roll. Fits up to the weather stripping & folds over the edge nicely. I just wanted something to help protect from scratches .Time will tell if this was a mistake or not. :clock:

DSCN8395.JPG

DSCN8392.JPG

Last edited:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to try something different. I got some 3M anti slip step tape. 4in x15ft roll. Fits up to the weather stripping & folds over the edge nicely. I just wanted something to help protect from scratches .Time will tell if this was a mistake or not. :clock:

DSCN8395.JPG

DSCN8392.JPG
i like those

door sill.jpg

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired

64448.jpeg

64450.jpeg
Those are the ones I got for my 2020 XLT Super Crew -- fit great, look great. One cravat: instructions say start with the front.. start with the rear, since they curve around the back of the cab, if you get the front too far back or forward, the back won't fit correctly!
Sponsored