Door Sill Protector

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Subaru Outback
I've seen where people have purchased the Ranger logo'd door sill protectors (I think that's what they are called). I also think I saw where some people had mad some of their own. Any other types out there that you would recommend??? Want something that actually covers the area where you put your feet getting into the truck. I have the Super crew Lariat
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I've seen where people have purchased the Ranger logo'd door sill protectors (I think that's what they are called). I also think I saw where some people had mad some of their own. Any other types out there that you would recommend??? Want something that actually covers the area where you put your feet getting into the truck. I have the Super crew Lariat
Here are a couple links to other threads on the topic:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/opinions-on-these-door-sills.2033/

HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL STX FX4 Magnetic Super Cab

005.JPG

OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Subaru Outback
I like these a lot!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I just used some 3M paint protection film to keep the clean look.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I had these made at a local shop that does all kinds of things like wraps, decals, etc. Made from thick vinyl with carbon fiber print when I couldn't make up my mind on after market options.

sill cover.jpg

Pas6469

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I had these made at a local shop that does all kinds of things like wraps, decals, etc. Made from thick vinyl with carbon fiber print when I couldn't make up my mind on after market options.

sill cover.jpg

sill cover.jpg
Those look great. I ordered some precut from eBay. (From another post on this forum, that was recommended.) Just out of curiosity, did you use anything to aid in installing? I hear people using soap and water mix, then squeezing out with a plastic spatula. Just curious, as mine are on the way, and want to put them on this weekend. TIA!

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those look great. I ordered some precut from eBay. (From another post on this forum, that was recommended.) Just out of curiosity, did you use anything to aid in installing? I hear people using soap and water mix, then squeezing out with a plastic spatula. Just curious, as mine are on the way, and want to put them on this weekend. TIA!
Actually, I had the guy that made/cut them put them on, at same visit he put the vinyl letters in the grill - this guy does many similar things including wraps and what we used to call decals for commercial vehicles. Rather pay to have it done at my age and skills. :) They are about 3-4 times thicker than the vinyl ones for the grill or tailgate. For tailgate I got Ford ones.

tail gate letters.jpg

Pas6469

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Bought this 3M carbon fiber roll from eBay. Cut out pieces for both doors. After remaking one of them twice, here are the results.

DAD37F4C-ACB2-451D-95D5-3B90D07081CA.jpeg

A82CCC70-F3F1-4D94-9F87-85C4D30B2552.jpeg

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I added some similar.;)
20200512_121933.jpg
20200512_121358.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I guess all those little stick on's are better than nothing but if you are going to try to protect the sill plate put something substantial down.. something you can bash that will actual prevent damage and covers the entire sill plate.

Door Sill Scuff Plates

005.JPG

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess all those little stick on's are better than nothing but if you are going to try to protect the sill plate put something substantial down.. something you can bash that will actual prevent damage and covers the entire sill plate.

Door Sill Scuff Plates

005.JPG
I guess I have a light duty application :) - 3270 miles since delivery last July, and don't expect any bashing . I did look at many alternatives, and I do like those. I just happened to be at a local shop that specializes in wraps, decals, etc. having my tailgate and grill lettering put on and had him make them. How do you like those Weathertechs - I really hate mine, wish I'd tried the Husky. I have them in my Ranger and my Honda - flimsy, discolor, etc.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
How do you like those Weathertechs - I really hate mine, wish I'd tried the Husky. I have them in my Ranger and my Honda - flimsy, discolor, etc.
I like them. We've used WeatherTech floor mats for about 18 years. These are the first liners we've used. You do have to power wash them to get them clean, and don't use steam.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like them. We've used WeatherTech floor mats for about 18 years. These are the first liners we've used. You do have to power wash them to get them clean, and don't use steam.
I have had their old style before but nothing I do to clean the current ones, including power washing, prevents them from looking faded, I do note that for like $20 Weathercraft will sell a cleaning and protector kit. I took the driver's side out until winter as the liner looks bad pretty much whatever I do.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I have had their old style before but nothing I do to clean the current ones, including power washing, prevents them from looking faded, I do note that for like $20 Weathercraft will sell a cleaning and protector kit. I took the driver's side out until winter as the liner looks bad pretty much whatever I do.
Try a really stiff scrub brush on them, like you would use to clean grime out from under your fingernails, that's what I use.

Does your power washer have heat? A body shop steam cleaned a set of WeatherTech floor mats I had and the heat ruined them.
Sponsored