Door Ajar

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I know these trucks have an issue and it's the one thing I hate about my brand new Ranger. (SuperCab) I get the DOOR AJAR and lights staying on all the time. Has anyone made any headway with their local dealer on fixing it?

I'm going to take mine in (first time) and if they can't fix this issue I want them to disconnect the $&*% sensor.

Ridiculous to spend this kind of money for a truck with an issue Ford has know about for years. The rear doors are indeed closed when it tells me they aren't.
Sponsored

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer

1911tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru/2020 Ranger
I know these trucks have an issue and it's the one thing I hate about my brand new Ranger. (SuperCab) I get the DOOR AJAR and lights staying on all the time. Has anyone made any headway with their local dealer on fixing it?

I'm going to take mine in (first time) and if they can't fix this issue I want them to disconnect the $&*% sensor.

Ridiculous to spend this kind of money for a truck with an issue Ford has know about for years. The rear doors are indeed closed when it tells me they aren't.
The rear driver side door is the problem. Keep it simple: when you close the door, no need to slam it. Push the door shut normally at the top corner instead of the center. For whatever reason, the rear driver side doors are 1/8" bowed...the bottom catches when closing normally from the center...but top will only latch the sensor tight if pushed normally closed at the top corner. No big deal, I had this problem and drove me nuts finding it. The passenger side rear door is not a problem. I thought about taking to the dealer but thought best that the solution was so simple and easy, didn't want a fix-it person to make things worse. Hope this is the worse problem you have owning your Ranger...it was mine. Love this truck!

Last edited:

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Closing either rear door has never been an issue for me. I just use a firm push to shut.

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Closing either rear door has never been an issue for me. I just use a firm push to shut.
Mine seems to be the drivers side... It has happened several times and it leaves the bed light on, I am concerned I am going to have a dead battery in my brand new truck. For this amount of money shouldn't have to babysit my doors. I'm going to try the dealer to see what they can do but if anyone else has the issue it may help to report it to the NHTSA since they track those sorts of things.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Mine seems to be the drivers side... It has happened several times and it leaves the bed light on, I am concerned I am going to have a dead battery in my brand new truck. For this amount of money shouldn't have to babysit my doors. I'm going to try the dealer to see what they can do but if anyone else has the issue it may help to report it to the NHTSA since they track those sorts of things.
Did you get any solution. My rear passenger door has to be shut with harder force than another other door or it doesn't shut all the way. I know there is something wrong but I haven't decided if its annoying enough to take it into the shop to have it looked at.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Wonderful.... Now I have to go out and check my doors......
Sponsored