door ajar in super cabs warning , when they are not ajar

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
My dash warns me of left and right rear doors ajar when they are not even ajar . OK except when in park I can not get the shifter to move . Back to dealer for 2nd time hope they find the cause . I wonder if any body with supercabs had this problem . In the past I just opened the rear doors and slammed them now truck does not want to hear this remedy . We had to do the boot shifter removal and unlock shifter into neutral to put on the flatbed truck . The dealer Tasca says they never saw this problem before . Crazy but you can have open doors and move your truck . Anybody had this problem ?
Sponsored

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
this is the first I have heard of it............sorry I cant help you out.

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Mine did that for the rear drivers door, but only if I close it from the bottom half of the door. If I close it by holding on the top it doesn't happen.
Sounds the same but now it will not correct . The trans locked in park also makes no sense . I tried closing a dozen times with no change in door ajar message . Being only the small rear doors with the problem I figured its only super cab problem .

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks Marty - I haven’t had this issue on my scab but used to have it on my 2001 scab - had to slam the rear door to correct it.

I hope your dealer gets it worked out.

Last edited:

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
That sucks Marty - I haven’t have this issue on my scab but used to have it on my 2001 scab - had to slam the rear door to correct it.

I hope your dealer gets it worked out.
too bad I can not just remove the door ajar bullshit t hat is the cause .

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My solution for just about everything with this truck is try disconnecting the battery, maybe it will reset everything? It seems like things get glitchy with all these computers onboard now and sometimes a resets helps...It cant hurt either. ?‍♂

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
My solution for just about everything with this truck is try disconnecting the battery, maybe it will reset everything? It seems like things get glitchy with all these computers onboard now and sometimes a resets helps...It cant hurt either. ?‍♂
Was in dealer about a month ago they reset computer cleared everything Dave . Worked good till yesterday . Now back driving a Mustang for a few days . Dealer said if they could find an error message in the computer it would be great . Last time it corrected itself before they got to it .

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Was in dealer about a month ago they reset computer cleared everything Dave . Worked good till yesterday . Now back driving a Mustang for a few days . Dealer said if they could find an error message in the computer it would be great . Last time it corrected itself before they got to it .
That stinks Marty, hopefully they can fix it for you this time. At least you have a nice back up ride. :D

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I haven't had that problem Marty. My passenger side door has dragged when opening since new because the "loop" part of the latch is misaligned. I'll get it fixed at the first oil change. I said that to say this, could it be those little loops aren't lined up correctly, and not allowing the doors to be closed tight enough? Sorry, that's the only thing my old mind can think of right now. Good luck, and keep us updated,

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I use to get intermittent alarms of door ajar in my Scab. Same as OP above. Closing rear half door by grabbing at top front edge and firmly closing it seems to get it to latch in a way that resolves this annoyance and wind noise

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I use to get intermittent alarms of door ajar in my Scab. Same as OP above. Closing rear half door by grabbing at top front edge and firmly closing it seems to get it to latch in a way that resolves this annoyance and wind noise
Same here, but it seems that trick is no longer working for OP.
Please keep us update OP, as some of us may encounter the same issue.
?

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Truck fixed I hope , the dealer found a loose ground wire under the passenger seat . Came from the factory that way . Removed seat and carpet and wiggled loose wire and duplicated bad codes . Drove me crazy until the fix ; must have happened twenty times in the last 2 months . Thank you Tasca Ford .

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Truck fixed I hope , the dealer found a loose ground wire under the passenger seat . Came from the factory that way . Removed seat and carpet and wiggled loose wire and duplicated bad codes . Drove me crazy until the fix ; must have happened twenty times in the last 2 months . Thank you Tasca Ford .
Tasca eh! You’re local then! I live near Gillette Stadium

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Tasca eh! You’re local then! I live near Gillette Stadium
Yeah Rick about 30 miles south of Gillette . Saw a lot of games but not for a few years . Was at famous Brady tuck rule playoff game which started the dynasty .
Sponsored