door ajar

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
On 3 differen t days got door ajar warnings , left rear then right rear over and over again . Got out reclosed all doors still did it but stopped on its own . Every time this begins when I first drive away , this has no reason to happen . Any ideas ?
Sponsored

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Id say just bring it in, since you're still under warranty, but I'm guessing the wiring has some kind of short since its acting up on both sides. You're the first with this problem that I've heard from so far. If you figure it out update it here, I'm trying to get mines to do this on purpose:crazy:to remove fake engine sound:rockon:

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Id say just bring it in, since you're still under warranty, but I'm guessing the wiring has some kind of short since its acting up on both sides. You're the first with this problem that I've heard from so far. If you figure it out update it here, I'm trying to get mines to do this on purpose:crazy:to remove fake engine sound:rockon:
Thanks . The old fake sound curse too .

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The only time's mine has done this is when my wife didn't shut the door hard enough. It seems that the door seals are REALLY good and can will build up enough air pressure in the cab to prevent the door from completely latching if you don't use enough force to close it. The result being the door latch stops at the 1st catch. On mine at least the 1st stage catch at a quick glance appears shut. To add to this the door switches do seem to have a very shallow activation point. So if the latch is adjusted just so, the door switches may be detecting the doors being open when they are not, and the act of opening and closing them forces the latch to hold the door close enough to register as shut.

You can test the switch activation point by manually pressing in the plunger and slowly letting it back out to see how soon the system detects the door it open. If it's very shallow get some of those stick on felt furniture sliders and stick them to the inside of the door where the switch makes contact to it. If this resolves the issue then the dealer may be able to adjust/replace the switches or door latching bolt to pull the door in closer when closed or with switches that are not as sensitive.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
On 3 differen t days got door ajar warnings , left rear then right rear over and over again . Got out reclosed all doors still did it but stopped on its own . Every time this begins when I first drive away , this has no reason to happen . Any ideas ?
Gremlins :)

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
The only time's mine has done this is when my wife didn't shut the door hard enough. It seems that the door seals are REALLY good and can will build up enough air pressure in the cab to prevent the door from completely latching if you don't use enough force to close it. The result being the door latch stops at the 1st catch. On mine at least the 1st stage catch at a quick glance appears shut. To add to this the door switches do seem to have a very shallow activation point. So if the latch is adjusted just so, the door switches may be detecting the doors being open when they are not, and the act of opening and closing them forces the latch to hold the door close enough to register as shut.

You can test the switch activation point by manually pressing in the plunger and slowly letting it back out to see how soon the system detects the door it open. If it's very shallow get some of those stick on felt furniture sliders and stick them to the inside of the door where the switch makes contact to it. If this resolves the issue then the dealer may be able to adjust/replace the switches or door latching bolt to pull the door in closer when closed or with switches that are not as sensitive.
Sounds like a good plan .

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Could be gremlins , each time its door ajar in rear doors it is a fact the rears were not even opened for several days , spooky . Well it is almost trick or treat day .

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
my 2021 with 754 miles is doing this now. scheduled to go in on the 28th for this as well as the vibes on acceleration and the weird thumping sensation i get after coming to a stop while in gear. and a noisy piece of trim on the drivers side arm rest.

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Must have said this on another thread , but after 2nd visit to dealer they solved door ajar on dash . There was a loose ground wire under the passenger seat and they had to remove seat to see it . Strange that when it had doors ajar ( not ) the trans also would lock in park . So I would slam doors to fix it which I guess was shaking the loose wire . So annoying !