Does USB power continue when the 2019+ Ranger is turned off?

thesears

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat RWD FX2
I have a 2020 Ranger Lariat. I want to insert a wireless CarPlay Device into the USB port so I don’t have to plug in the phone while I’m driving, but would power continue to be drawn on this USB port after the Ranger has turned off?
Sponsored

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 Ranger Lariat. I want to insert a wireless CarPlay Device into the USB port so I don’t have to plug in the phone while I’m driving, but would power continue to be drawn on this USB port after the Ranger has turned off?
I am not 100% sure I am correct and I am sure someone will chime in if I'm not, But I recall reading it at one point that the USB ports stay powered for 2 hours after ignition is off.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they stay on for a while by default. You can also extend the time they are on using foreskin.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I believe the USBs stay powered for 60 minutes, They are not the same as the Power Points of 75 minutes, as they have separate power source.
I think this is at least part of the reason I had two dead batteries. I used to leave my dashcam plugged in. It's kinda ridiculous for it to stay on so long.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yes, they stay on for a while by default. You can also extend the time they are on using foreskin.
I get a laugh everytime someone's autocorrect changes Forscan to foreskin. Unless you ment it that way?

Capt Jon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I decided to find out. I use the Motorola M1 wireless adapter. I powered up the truck the M1 power light was on and I Let the M1 complete the connection to Android Auto. I removed the key exited the vehicle and locked the door. I timed the power light on the M1. I stayed on approx 10 seconds after I locked the door.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
I decided to find out. I use the Motorola M1 wireless adapter. I powered up the truck the M1 power light was on and I Let the M1 complete the connection to Android Auto. I removed the key exited the vehicle and locked the door. I timed the power light on the M1. I stayed on approx 10 seconds after I locked the door.
I believe this is the right answer. If you leave your phone plugged in after shutting the truck off, the device disconnects from CarPlay/AA and power as soon as you open the door, or after a short period.