Does the 2019 Ranger Have a Locking Tailgate & Locking Fuel Door?

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Fuel door does not lock. There is no way it can lock. The hinge is what keeps the fuel door shut. You can actually open the fuel door without pushing on it if you have fingernails long enough to slip beneath the edge of it. When you push on the door, there is a small spring loaded pin that releases and pushes the door out so it is easy to open.
As a 2019 Lariat owner, the gas door does not lock in any fashion.
Gotcha. It's like my 2016 Fusion. The dealer must have done something to it in the showroom because the fuel door would not open. I tried several times and as did my brother (and we're both very mechanically inclined).
Thanks!
Sponsored

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I may have not been pushing hard enough? Sorry for the fake news guys lol

rwjrn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
After spending a ton of money fixing the locking fuel door and surrounding paint when the thief decided to pry it open with a screwdriver I gave up caring if my fuel door locks. I’d rather lose a tank of gas than deal with the hassle of repairs after I lost the gas anyway.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I also noticed the fuel door on my Lariat locks and unlocks with the doors / tailgate too, and it does have the sensor. Kind of cool.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I also noticed the fuel door on my Lariat locks and unlocks with the doors / tailgate too, and it does have the sensor. Kind of cool.
Fuel door locks, please show a pic of the locking mechanism in the fuel compartment as I don't have one on my Lariat. Where is the sensor on the tailgate, please share a pic of that too.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
No fuel door lock on my Lariat either. I think you may have been dreaming this....;)

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Look at it closely and you'll see there is no way it could lock.
Sponsored