Does the 2019 Ranger Have a Locking Tailgate & Locking Fuel Door?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Overall really happy with the vehicle, it performs extremely well on and off road build quality is good, there's always room for improvement just little thing's like no ignition light it looks like something should be there, but no.

No central locking for the tailgate so fitted one myself, same for not having auto fold mirrors when you lock the vehicle so fitted that as well.

Couple of things to look out for, the silver trim around the internal door latch can peel off, the intercooler hose has a tendency of splitting that's probably not a issue on the new engine.

I would purchase another Ranger
Can you enlighten the rest of us how you fitted auto folding mirrors and auto lock tailgate?
Sponsored

Rapid428

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Ford Mustang 1969 428CJ
Can you enlighten the rest of us how you fitted auto folding mirrors and auto lock tailgate?
Start with the central locking for the tailgate, to do this easily your vehicle needs to already have the fuel cap cover lock/unlock with the key remote.(If you dont have this then you need to run wires to the door and tap off the door lock/unlock actuator).

Then its just a matter of running a wire (twin core) from the existing OEM connector on the fuel cap cover actuator to the rear of the vehicle install a slave actuator to the latch mechanism

I can post more details along with images later if this of interest perhaps on a dedicated post.

With the auto close mirrors your vehicle must have the auto fold button, its located directly above the mirror directional buttons.
Then its just the case too splice on to 2 wires and connect to an external control module.

Again i can give alot more details in a new post as this is getting away from the original post of the switch fascia.

I can also provide fitting instructions and hints to fit that as have fitted many

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't the NA version auto lock the tailgate with the key fob? I thought it did.

Wondering if maybe the mirrors fold as well? Maybe a Lariat thing? Anyone with a Lariat know?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't the NA version auto lock the tailgate with the key fob? I thought it did.

Wondering if maybe the mirrors fold as well? Maybe a Lariat thing? Anyone with a Lariat know?
Locking tailgate is standard across trims (correct me if wrong). Folding power mirrors are standard on XLT 301A & higher.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Locking tailgate is standard across trims (correct me if wrong). Folding power mirrors are standard on XLT 301A & higher.
I knew the mirrors folded - wonder if they fold automatically when you lock the car - I worded that poorly.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I knew the mirrors folded - wonder if they fold automatically when you lock the car - I worded that poorly.
Nope you have to push the power fold button. Not a big deal.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The person above was describing how they made both the tailgate, and mirrors automatically lock when the truck parks instead of being manually done.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The person above was describing how they made both the tailgate, and mirrors automatically lock when the truck parks instead of being manually done.
Right - but the tailgate on the NA version already locks with the key fob. The ROW Ranger must not do that. The only difference is the changes he made make the mirrors fold when you lock the doors. The NA version only does that when you press the "fold" button on the dash.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never checked my tailgate i guess, so I thought it was the same. I also thought it was weird when they mentioned a locking fuel door.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I never checked my tailgate i guess, so I thought it was the same. I also thought it was weird when they mentioned a locking fuel door.
I never heard the fuel door was locking - wondering if anyone can confirm?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
EDIT: I should have said the Lariat I examined in the Showroom has a gas door release in the cabin.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
EDIT: I should have said the Lariat I examined in the Showroom has a gas door release in the cabin.
I just double checked the owners manual and I'm not seeing anything in there about locking.

Left-hand side. To open the fuel filler door, press the center rear edge of the fuel filler door and then release

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My brother and I both thought we saw it.....surprised me but we could be wrong....need a Lariat owner to chime in...
Sponsored