First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Nice! How did the whole install turn out? Are you happy with how bright the lights are etc?
Good info in this post. Thanks for your input. :like:
Sponsored

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Nice! How did the whole install turn out? Are you happy with how bright the lights are etc?
Very happy with the install. The lights are bright enough - I wired them into the taillight wires, that way if I forget to turn them off, they will go off on their own.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Once I put a tonneau cover on the bed of my Ranger, it was impossible to see what was stored back there at night. Here's a video I made that details how I installed a really cheap DIY light kit that works fantastically well:
Wow, this awesome. Thank You for the video, I enjoy watching it.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
For a cheaper solution that's FAR less elegant and, some would argue, less useful, I bought one of these lights that I've attached via the magnet on the light to the bedside. They're rugged, not bothered by the small amount of water that my tonneau lets in, the battery lasts a while, and they can double as a flashlight in times of need. I'm definitely happy with it, even if it's 1/100th as nice as the video. It's plenty bright for the entire bed, especially at night. I love your solution, @quangdog but some of us are not as handy :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCL81W3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
quangdog

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
For a cheaper solution that's FAR less elegant and, some would argue, less useful, I bought one of these lights that I've attached via the magnet on the light to the bedside. They're rugged, not bothered by the small amount of water that my tonneau lets in, the battery lasts a while, and they can double as a flashlight in times of need. I'm definitely happy with it, even if it's 1/100th as nice as the video. It's plenty bright for the entire bed, especially at night. I love your solution, @quangdog but some of us are not as handy :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCL81W3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Looks like a pretty decent solution for those who don't want to crawl around under their truck using their campin' words. Thanks!

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the led light strips from Amazon
similar to these:
https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Wa...RQ2HVZD9RPB&psc=1&refRID=YGVK2EE7XRQ2HVZD9RPB
They’re around $22, but I have seen them go for as low as $19.95 on prime.

For power, I just tapped into the 12v+ under the d/s bed rail.
This Bed utility plug circuit is ON when key is in ACC (accessory).
Also stays on for awhile shortly after powering off your Ranger.

Tip: Clean the area well with alcohol prep pads first, then let it dry before installing the 3M backed, led strips.

F142EF74-777C-4159-BFDA-61B14F4C3CB0.jpeg

007ABA94-3CA2-444D-82F8-5AAB4C0073F0.jpeg

00CADFBC-EA90-426C-A699-678619B9F1AB.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: