Disappointed In "The Works"

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Anyone else a little disappointed with their service? Maybe it's just my dealer but i expected more if a report after. All I got was an sheet saying they changed the oil and rotated the tires and did an inspection. No print out about tires, battery, etc. The GMC dealership we take my wife's Acadia to st least gives a full page print out if what might need attention and what looked good and they do it at half price. Hell even Firestone auto gives you more information. Also, didn't get credit for fordpass points
Sponsored

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
The dealer I take mine to does a full print out on everything they do and items they check maybe you need to take it to a different dealer

OP
OP
daniel3507

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll try a different dealership next time. The rest are more of a drive but there is a reason I didn't buy my truck at the dealership in question.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else a little disappointed with their service? Maybe it's just my dealer but i expected more if a report after. All I got was an sheet saying they changed the oil and rotated the tires and did an inspection. No print out about tires, battery, etc. The GMC dealership we take my wife's Acadia to st least gives a full page print out if what might need attention and what looked good and they do it at half price. Hell even Firestone auto gives you more information. Also, didn't get credit for fordpass points
My Ford dealer always has the sales advisor discuss anything they did or want me to pay attention to at the time when they have finished and I am getting ready to pay. There is always a full printed form that the techs have to mark off as then run through the various tasks. It looks like your dealer is cutting corners....

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Give them another shot. Except next time let them know where they messed up while at the desk. Let them know in a aggressive discussion (what you stated here) this is their final warning or you're giving your business to XXXX Ford across town.
Don't ding them too hard on the survey, save that for another time.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Is your truck brand new? Not much to report if so! I don’t have many instances where a tech tells me something i didn’t already know.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The dealer I take mine to does a full print out on everything they do and items they check maybe you need to take it to a different dealer
Mine does the same. I get a printed detailed report on what they did and stuff they checked and filled like coolant levels, washer fluid and tire depth and pressure etc.

Daniel If you have another dealer close by I would try them next time and see if you have better results.

OP
OP
daniel3507

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First oil change so I wasn't expecting anything to report but I would still expect some kind of print out going over what was done and what they checked. It sounds like most other dealerships do that so I'll be trying a different one next time.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
you should get one of these when they do the works....

1617128226803.png
Bingo. That appears to be standard Ford “the works” sheet and what I have received previously. You can get coupons for that service as well. My most recent “works” was about $45.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
First oil change so I wasn't expecting anything to report but I would still expect some kind of print out going over what was done and what they checked. It sounds like most other dealerships do that so I'll be trying a different one next time.
Even Jiffy lube gives a full report of things inspected/done and/or recommendations for up plussing purchase like time for tran/diff change or filters etc.

I had no problem taking mine into them for change at 5k, switching to full synthetic at the time. They offered to rotate tires then also, but I hadn't done the leveling yet.

Surprised you didn't get the Ford form that @RANGER PRIDE showed above. I've gotten one (or similar) for any Ford vehicle I have taken in since almost last century ;)

EDIT: Sorry, I should mention that the dealer I went to is in a different state.

Last edited:

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
you should get one of these when they do the works....

1617128226803.png
That's what I've always received. But now that the OP mentioned it, the last time I went in (same dealer I've always used), I didn't get the report either.

JustSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Just took my Ranger for an oil change at a Ford dealership and they topped off all the fluids. Why in the world would a vehicle with fewer than 20k miles need any topping off? So my fluids are above the recommended levels. If Ford dealerships aren't going to train their employees any better than any other place, why am I taking it to Ford for service? I am done with this dealership.

JustSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
im sure there are some bad examples out there who take students graduated from poor quality mechanic programs and never upgrade their skills, but for the vast majority Ford service shops up that initial training and qualify their mechanics on many levels.
if you're in doubt, ask to see the training files on the employees before you sign for the service you require.....a shop worthy would be proud to show you these skills their employees present.
Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt Ford Quicklanes actually use certified mechanics for oil changes and tire rotations.
Sponsored

Last edited: