RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Well, that’s interesting. I didn’t know there were still “full service” stations! I wish we had some in this neck of the woods (not that I mind pumping my own gas;)). It would just be nice to drive up & have someone fill my car up & check the fluid levels, etc, though my husband does a great job of that:like:.
It typically isn't full service but it is an odd Oregon quirk. It is against the law (except for a few exceptions) for a person to pump their own gas. A few stations will wash your windshield but I've never had one check the oil or tire pressure. They call it mini serve as opposed to self serve.

It is one of the weird things Oregon does. Like we don't have a sales tax either. It has been presented as an initiative on the ballot a few times and it always gets voted down.
Sponsored

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
It typically isn't full service but it is an odd Oregon quirk. It is against the law (except for a few exceptions) for a person to pump their own gas. A few stations will wash your windshield but I've never had one check the oil or tire pressure. They call it mini serve as opposed to self serve.

It is one of the weird things Oregon does. Like we don't have a sales tax either. It has been presented as an initiative on the ballot a few times and it always gets voted down.
New Jersey is the same,full service

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired

In new Jersey you can not pump your own gas either.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
In new Jersey you can not pump your own gas either.
Yeah, it's really annoying when you're trying to get out of NJ as fast as you can but you're stuck waiting for some dude to come and pump gas for you.

OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Who knew avocado eating, yoga doing, beach bums are allowed to pump our own gas and others aren’t?
Sponsored