Did the Forscan thing for mushy brakes, now warnings on cluster!

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Whew, I think I got it. No more warnings on the cluster. I went in and reran clearing the DTC codes and made sure I clicked on disconnect vehicle when done. Maybe I didn't close it out right first time.
I did that exact thing when I was new with forscan.
Sponsored

Aaron77

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
If I got it fixed, LOL I don't think I will be "playing" with Forscan again!
Nah don't think like that. Nothing was damaged and now you have better brakes. I would just stick with the basic stuff like turning off chimes, changing the startup picture or whatever. Just take your time when making changes. I've been taking screenshots on my laptop of all changes just in case I need to revert anything, (for whatever reason). All in all FOREscan is a great tool to make your Ranger yours.

I recorded video of me doing my mushy break fix thing. Maybe it'd be useful for those not sure what sounds or alerts to expect?

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
LOL I'm a "She" :)
I got into my wife's Honda and almost put myself through the windshield hitting her brakes because they're so sensitive compared to these mushy Ford brakes so be careful.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Nah don't think like that. Nothing was damaged and now you have better brakes. I would just stick with the basic stuff like turning off chimes, changing the startup picture or whatever. Just take your time when making changes. I've been taking screenshots on my laptop of all changes just in case I need to revert anything, (for whatever reason). All in all FOREscan is a great tool to make your Ranger yours.

I recorded video of me doing my mushy break fix thing. Maybe it'd be useful for those not sure what sounds or alerts to expect?
I agree. This tutorial helps explain quite a bit:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I know that was scary, but Forscan is a safe tool when changing simple things. Allot of videos you can watch to build up confidence. Practice with easy things like the horn or something like that.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Yes, please share the video!! I know I wasn't sure what to expect noise wise. I was doing the brake fix on my lunch break at work and I didn't know if everyone in the building was going to hear the noise. Turns out it really wasn't all that loud.

evoaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9.5” Redwing

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I’m new to FORScan, and I have question about your link. I noticed he states on at least one mod that it was for F-150 only, so are these in general the same for Ranger. Does as built become more specific and is that needed?
Every vehicle is slightly different. I think the point of the tutorial is to 1) emphasize the importance of backing up your as-built data before you start and 2) giving an overview of what you're seeing, what you can change, and the different ways the program works (selected options vs. advanced code edits).
The Ranger-specific items can be found in the Wiki thread on this site where they're discussed in more detail. The general usage of the software, however, is the same as the tutorial describes.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student