I did a thing (hauling stuff)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
So I can't find the "Hauling Stuff" thread, so I will start my own.

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, that is 80 board feet of baseboard trim. 16' long :)

My wife was "not thrilled", but my kids enjoyed it.

IMG-0327.JPG
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
My cousin was a plumber, he would strap long pipe under his truck.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, just ignore those broken pieces, I need several short ones anyways :) Stupid railroad tracks, stupid truck springs...

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Lol, just ignore those broken pieces, I need several short ones anyways :) Stupid railroad tracks, stupid truck springs...
That's 80 linear feet, not board foot. One board foot is 12"x12"x1". 16ft and some of it broke, it must be primed fingerjoint pine.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
No idea how this didn't come up in a search for Haul, hauling, and several other words. I knew I had seen it, thanks for posting.

I have found site search engines pretty useless so will always use Google using the site modifier like:

hauling site:ranger5g.com

Very useful

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
I remember when i was living in Virginia back in 1999, the HQ hardware store went out of business. At the same time I was contemplating repainting my master bedroom. Once I saw all that cheap material I went crazy and bought out every single linear foot of 3 1/2 solid pine T&G beadboard(and a bunch of other stuff). 10', 12'', 14', and 16' lengths. The 6' bed was completely full and actually weighing down the back. Layered it shortest on bottom to longest on top. Made the 20 mile trip back home but had to make a couple readjustment stops as the slightest bump would get magnified through the stack.

Last edited:
OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finger groove pine it is :) Linear feet for sure room complete, now my wife needs to take it all down and paint it :)

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
It's a shame I don't have pictures of this but here's a funny "hauling things" story:

My grandparents needed a bunch of brick removed from the side of their house (was leftover from when the houses was built in the 40s). My dad had an 83 Ranger long bed and enlisted my help at the age of 15 to load it all. We got it loaded, only to realize we were on the bumpstops. We tried going down the road but my dad decided it wasn't safe.

Fortunately, a nearby private school was having a paper drive (collect old newspapers for project use). We stopped in the parking lot and commenced to jack the rear of the truck up off of the bumpstops. We kindly asked if we could have a bunch of newspaper, they obliged us. So we started stuffing stacks of newspaper in-between the axle and bumpstops, about 6" worth. Lower the jack, resting the frame onto the stacked newspapers. Back on the road we go.

The trip was only about 7 miles, but was very jarring. Nearing the stoplight, we know there is a substantial dip in the road. As my dad starts to decelerate from 45mph and we hit the dip at about 30mph. The suspension unloads and suddenly there is a plume of newspapers flying out from under the truck and all of a sudden we are now back on the bumpstops, staring up at the sky, unable to see the road.

Luckily it was just another mile before we got home. To this day, we still have a laugh at that experience and seeing all of that newspaper fly out from the truck. Just one of many stories my dad and I have...and most of them involve Rangers !

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a shame I don't have pictures of this but here's a funny "hauling things" story:

My grandparents needed a bunch of brick removed from the side of their house (was leftover from when the houses was built in the 40s). My dad had an 83 Ranger long bed and enlisted my help at the age of 15 to load it all. We got it loaded, only to realize we were on the bumpstops. We tried going down the road but my dad decided it wasn't safe.

Fortunately, a nearby private school was having a paper drive (collect old newspapers for project use). We stopped in the parking lot and commenced to jack the rear of the truck up off of the bumpstops. We kindly asked if we could have a bunch of newspaper, they obliged us. So we started stuffing stacks of newspaper in-between the axle and bumpstops, about 6" worth. Lower the jack, resting the frame onto the stacked newspapers. Back on the road we go.

The trip was only about 7 miles, but was very jarring. Nearing the stoplight, we know there is a substantial dip in the road. As my dad starts to decelerate from 45mph and we hit the dip at about 30mph. The suspension unloads and suddenly there is a plume of newspapers flying out from under the truck and all of a sudden we are now back on the bumpstops, staring up at the sky, unable to see the road.

Luckily it was just another mile before we got home. To this day, we still have a laugh at that experience and seeing all of that newspaper fly out from the truck. Just one of many stories my dad and I have...and most of them involve Rangers !
Lol, nice story :) I've got a similar one about an 87 ranger and a yard of pea gravel :)
Sponsored